Track day in Dubai autodrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
    I'm glad it went well. I wish I could have been there to see what lutfy was doing to the other cars :drive:
    he was doing too much bad things :D:D:D

Comment

Wirelessly posted (AK47's Blackberry: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.199 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

It was a truly epic night... Ahmad Lutfy, serious serious respect man! Giving anyone and everyone hell :) they thought twice when they saw that ultra violet beast! Awesome!

Majeed... U were just insane! U kept us all on our toes praying and cheering, that CL63 never knew what hit 'em!!!

Hasan, or shall I say Turkish Stig?! u were just driving awesome... Start of the track night u were in the lead and they were all just in ur dust!
      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Sting would suffice habibi :D

thank u very much man, for the pix especially !

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for the kind words. It was the car’s fist outing there. I was a bit hesitant the first session but later on realized the car was built BULLET proof. Thanks to Evolution Garage. Everything was spot on, no leaks, no creaks, nothing. Everything was torqued up right and within specs.

I had to re adjust to RWD. Stripping some 450lbs out of the car has really transformed it. The grip was INSANE. I couldn’t get the car to understeer or oversteer. Very neutral, those JRZs are pricey but it was money well spent. The difference between a street coil over setup and these are night and day.

I was really down on power, there is an exhaust leak which is robbing me some oomph too. Hope to get it fixed soon and head back. There was some overheating (mildly) so I will be removing the AC bits from the front including the blower/fan. Prolly save me another 50lbs or so.

Power to weight ratio is identical to my STi and both cars were clocking the track at almost identical times as per my Driftbox. Will data lot to see where the STi was faster than the M3 and vice versa. Overall, I couldn’t have been happier as it handled better than any Porsche on the track and kept up with the Porsche Cup cars in the corners until the front straight 

Lutfy

Comment

yes lutfy on the corners killed all the supercars ! and Elchemor killed the SL 65 lol driving the m3 soo hard i like it ;) it was a gr8 night indeeed.

Comment

Originally posted by elchemor View Post
              it was awesome indeed guys... it's an experience that i would really recommend it to pretty much everyone.
              the flying lebanese (that would be me :D ) has got the **** from the marshals on the track cz of my stupid and immature driving skills (thats what they said) !!! lolol and got a verbal warning that i would be blacklisted off the track :D damn they were harsh on me !
              well, at the end, i wasn't taking my car to the track to drive as if i was taking my girlfriend on a romantic trip !!! lol
              i will be posting some pics laters ! hope there are any good ones, haven't seen them yet !
              :1stcup: to u majeed.....even i didnt c it in real..but im sure u was insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane :runaway:
              and good to hear from all u guys that u had fun up there...congrates for all

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
              E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

here we go.... a selection of few pictures... hope u will like them guys !

our pathfinder hero, sorry for freaking you out bro (mistakenly) by overtaking you on the turn ! lololol

going out of the garage,

lining up, getting ready to go.... look at that gorgeous SL65 in front of me, he's apparently a relative of mohammed al owais - the uae champion -

game over, back to garage...
                Last edited by elchemor; 11-10-2009, 02:54 PM. Reason: Change pictures attachments !
                Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
                Majeed Photography

Comment

I think i should have skipped the beach party and come to the Autodrome instead...

Cant wait till my M3 is readyyyyyyyy.... ;) Another car and of course driver to be feared of :):):)
                  sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
                  Dubai Investment Park 2
                  The Curve Building Complex
                  Warehouse No.1
                  P.O Box 28638
                  Dubai, United Arab Emirates
                  Office: +97148830851
                  Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
                  Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
                  Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
                  Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

man i am glad that u could take the corner after the pit :D:D:D

i wanna call the shotgun with u next time !

Comment

woooooow.......nice pic majeeed....:)

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

glad you like them guys.

how do i get the pictures to attach properly, and not show up as thumbnails all the time by the way ?
                        Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
                        Majeed Photography

Comment

Comment

majeed.....check ur PM

Comment

right click... get the link and place address and then post it within this code [img]xxx[/img]

Comment

Ow cool, thanks guys ! I thought I can do it directly from within the site !
                                Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
                                Majeed Photography

Comment

Working...
                                X