Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oman Trip 21st of October

Dear Members,

We're looking to organize a trip to Oman "Khassab" through Ras Al Khaimah on the 21st of October.

We will be driving from Dubai down on the Emirates Road all the way up North and cross through the Ras Al Khaimah borders into Oman.

The drive will be an awsome drive where we will be covering around 450 kilometers in total.

Our lunch will be in the Golden Tulip Hotel. http://www.goldentulipkhasab.com/

Some people might decide to drive back and others would like to sleep in the hotel and drive back the next day. each his own...

Meeting points and logistics will be decided at a later stage.

Confirmation list so far:

1. Thecaveman E46 M3
    2. Ehssan E60 M5
    3. Ayham E46 M3
    4. Meskovic E46 M3
    5. Ahmed E36 328
    6. Petrolhead E60 M5
    7. Bruno E39 M5 (returning same day)
    8. Abboudi Z4M

it would be wise to write next to your name if you like to stay there for a night or return same day.

For the costs:
    Gas: Expect to fill up your cars once.
    Insurance: is a 100 dirhams for one day (aqcuired on the borders) if you have oman insurance full coverage then that includes the Oman too check with your insurer
    Oman-UAE Visa crap: 30 dirhams per car + 20 dirhams for each person in the car. as for the actually oman visa it's 50 per head
    Food: depending on how much you decide to order in the restaurant buffet is 92 AED if my memory serves me right

LOGISTICS AND RULES:

just to be organized and to be efficient kinldy follow the bellow points...

1. Meeting point is in ACE Hardware Festival City Parking lot
    at 8:00AM

nima was kind enough to post a map of this meeting point thanks buddy!!

http://213.42.27.171/resources/en-GB...d938d1bc0d.gif

2. Get the following: your passport, pen, extra tshirt, chair, sheesha, whatever you feel will help you entertained and occupied during the drive and when we do the photoshoot

3. there will be a photoshoot on th ebeach after lunch time

4. Car preparations: make sure to show up with a full tank and your icebox or what not is full. Check your tire pressures, oil level, and coolant level. If you don't know how then please just ask us we will try to do as much as we can to make sure you are safe enough to drive

and for the final time please look into your visas status.

anyways I hope it flows smoothly and let's go have some fun

:drool::drool:

I'm soooo in ! :D
    sigpic
    07' HFP Accord | Current
    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

:rofl: Again with the M division roadtrip :D

I soo hope my car would be shipped in by that time :cry:
      sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
      Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
      Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
      Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
      Black 1986 E28 535i
      Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
      Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
      Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

Bring it on! I think I will stay there over night! Badna nwali3ha!!!!! Someone told me Oman speed fines are not too dear :p any truth in that?
        Current:
        E86 Z4M, Caroline

Comment

227 euros a night BB, anyone wanna share a twin room? The pool looks nice!
          Current:
          E86 Z4M, Caroline

Comment

I would like to add few points from my side to make the trip smoother,

1- to save time on the border , Please make sure you apply for visa through Oman Embassy in Abu Dhabi or Oman Consulate in Dubai , just to be on the safe side since we will be in group , might take us more than an hour on the border just to get visa , and to make sure you are allowed to visit Oman ( same scenarios were the profession on the resident visa might affect ).

2-As Bruno stated, Most of the full insurance policies covers Oman as well , so if you have full Insurance , you may check your policy documents , instead of paying for the insurance again , if you don’t have one , then buy one from Dubai for 1 or 2 days depending if you are planning to return same day or stay over just to save as much time as possible on the border and instead we spend the time enjoying the drive through the mountains , Even if you have mortgaged car , there is no problem passing to Oman so you don’t need to worry about that .

3-Regarding the hotel booking , we will provide you with a link to book the rooms which we found it almost 50% cheaper than the online booking of the same hotel website ( Thanks to Rami and Bruno ) , sharing the room with someone will be even cheaper , as I remember we have managed to get the double single bed room for 600 AED , so 300 AED is not bad ( please make sure you wear a new shoes if you are sharing the room with someone :lol: )

4-Families and children are most welcome , we will have few families joining us to don’t hesitate to bring your family , it’s not a long time so don’t worry about children being tired from the drive ,, and for sure we will have some stops on our way .

5-It’s nice to check your car mechanically ( Oil level – tire pressure – cooling level .. etc etc ) , to be on the safe side since we are traveling ( almost ) to another country and we have no idea how to arrange things over there , for M drivers : a spare 1L of TWS is a must in your car ;)

Hope this trip will be a good start up for the new session,

VRMMM VRMMMM ,:danceclub:

Comment

date not ok for me :( my parents comming from kuwait after tomorrow and they ll go back on 23rd!! so if i ll open this subject at home now...it ll be war in there :D

so im out this time unless the date changed ;)

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
              E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Awesome, but I cannot make it.

Just a "heads-up" but you can only buy Insurance at the border crossing for 1 week - thats it, no other options.
                1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
                2012 Camaro SS
                2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
                2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
                  date not ok for me :( my parents comming from kuwait after tomorrow and they ll go back on 23rd!! so if i ll open this subject at home now...it ll be war in there :D

so im out this time unless the date changed ;)
                  I will be doing it in late November, so will keep you updated.
                  1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
                  2012 Camaro SS
                  2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

thanx bro...im in whatever the date after 23rd/10

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by yorky500 View Post
                      Awesome, but I cannot make it.

Just a "heads-up" but you can only buy Insurance at the border crossing for 1 week - thats it, no other options.
                      Thanks for the confirmation

as of speed tickets ,, i wish Dubai has similar rates :D
                      Attached Files

Comment

Guys how about 28 October, or the dates are final?
                        sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
                        Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
                        Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
                        Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
                        Black 1986 E28 535i
                        Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
                        Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
                        Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

are Oman speeding fines flat rate?!
                          Current:
                          E86 Z4M, Caroline

Comment

Originally posted by aboudi View Post
                            are Oman speeding fines flat rate?!
                            I am not promoting speeding :runaway: but there are NO camera's that I saw on the road that you will be taking!
                            2012 Camaro SS
                            2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

are other brands allowed on this trip? I mean can I come in my car?
                              I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Working...
                              X