First photos of the BMW M3 GTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autogespot attends an exclusive presentation of the BMW M3 GTS

Autogespot had the exciting opportunity to attend the unveiling of a BMW M3 GTS at a BMW location in Netherlands. Along with an extensive photo gallery, the Dutchmen also bring us a live video from the unveiling.

The M3 GTS was first delivered to customers in Summer of 2010 and prior to the first unit coming out of the production line, all the other limited edition M3 GTS were sold out.

M3 GTS embeds the core values of the M Division and takes the already sporty M3 to a new level. Thanks to an increase in engine displacement and some fine-tuning to the engine, the BMW M3 GTS produces 450 horsepower and ensures superior performance.

The core of the development was the landing gear, based on the BMW M3 GT4 and transposed into a street-legal vehicle. The rear wing was first seen in World Touring Car Championship WTCC cars and now makes its way into GTS as well.

In addition to a larger and more powerful V8 engine, exclusive tuning of the 7-speed M Dual Clutch Transmission with Drivelogic and modified suspension technology, the car has also been specifically optimized with regard to aerodynamics and lightweight construction.

The sporting potential of the BMW M3 GTS is underlined by a power-to-weight ratio that has been lowered to 3.4 kg per hp. Featuring a transmission and suspension configuration which has been optimized for the racetrack, the BMW M3 GTS accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in a mere 4.4 seconds. The car reaches the 1000 meters mark from a standstill in just 22.5 seconds. Top speed is 305 km/h.

A beast on four wheels….
    [YOUTUBE]MTYuJLMl_RE[/YOUTUBE]

Source: bmwblog
    Last edited by SSense; 08-01-2011, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Lousy paint job!

Comment

:drool: :drool:
        sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
        E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
        E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
        E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally posted by designo
          Lousy paint job!
          Yeah I noticed that. The paint job is ****!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
            Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yeah I noticed that. The paint job is ****!
            + 1:thumbsdown:
            sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

love the Alcantara touches!! and i like the consept that they used the place of the i-drive controler as a cup holder :)

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
              E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

I like it

but IMO i think the for that money you can get porsche GT3 RS or regular GT2 or ZR1 or a GTR w/ lots of mods !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 3ali
                  I like it

but IMO i think the for that money you can get porsche GT3 RS or regular GT2 or ZR1 or a GTR w/ lots of mods !!!!!
                  Really, how much is the M3 GTR?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post

Hasan i think i read $170,000 somewhere in the thread

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 3ali

Hasan i think i read $170,000 somewhere in the thread
                      that is really very expensive.

And it would not even come close to the GT3 RS.
                      sigpic

Comment

that is really very expensive.

And it would not even come close to the GT3 RS.
                        GT3 RS :drool:

Comment

G-Power to give the BMW M3 GTS over 600 horsepower

Press Release: The BMW M3 GTS seams to have all it takes for being the ultimate BMW M3: lightweight body parts, carbon aerodynamic parts, titanium exhaust, racing suspension, roll cage and racing bucket seats for six-point seatbelts. BMW is right when they call it an “extreme athlete for street and racetrack”.

But there is one thing it is missing. The ultimate output. An additional 30 hp compared to the standard BMW M3, that costs just half the price of the M3 GTS, is not too bad, but the ultimate output for the M3 GTS can only be provided by G-POWER.

That is why the first couple of BMW M3 GTS, out of the limited edition of 220 unites, have started to arrive at G-POWER for their output enhancement. A specially adapted version of G-POWER’s SK II CS supercharger system pushes the factory output of 450hp to a more suitable 6XXhp.

After this modification the BMW M3 GTS can finally show the armada of Porsche 911 GT3 RS who’s the boss at the various clubsport racing events.

Right now the first of the announced BMW M3 GTS has just arrived at G-POWER. Two more are already on their way. So a little piece of advice for the “competitors” of the G-POWER trained BMW M3 GTS: prepare yourself for a rough ride…
                          Source: bmwblog

Comment

prepare yourself for a rough ride… :bow: :drool:
                            sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                            E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                            E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                            E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Gay Power FTW!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

take this

[youtube]zSEx9QxD83g[/youtube]

Comment

Working...
                                X