Sneak peak inside BMW’s Secret Motorsport location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak peak inside BMW’s Secret Motorsport location

Our friends over at Jalopnik are giving us a sneak peak inside BMW’s secret Motorsport location, a small building in the heart of Munich. In the past, we learned about BMW’s uber-secret locations where reside one-off models, concepts or simply failed projects, but this time, we are actually going to take a look at the Motorsport facility.

Sam over at Jalopnik took a tour of the firm’s Mobile Tradition facility, the storage area where most of the historic production and motorsport fleet is kept.

For a dyed-in-the-wool BMW geek like yours truly, it was essentially nirvana. I haven’t been back since, but at the time, the MT collection was divided up by purpose: a floor for production cars, a floor for racers, a room for motorcycles, and so on. Everything was arranged as it would be in an ordinary person’s garage — a few display cases and used tires filled the corners, but by and large, it was a storage facility. Cars were parked bumper-to-bumper, and racing engines lived on stands in the corners. For the most part, the cars were so deeply stacked that you couldn’t walk anywhere but down each room’s center aisle. Being a sedan dork, I gravitated to the production-based racing cars, which is why the images are slanted in that direction.
    It does sound like a dream come true for any BMW fan, right?

Here are some of the historical things parked in there: a 1000-plus-hp, four-cylinder Brabham F1 car, a Zakspeed-campaigned, Warsteiner-clad DTM E30 M3, an ex-Hans Stuck Group 5 320i, the famous BMW Art Cars, the Apfelbeck-engined Formula 2, and many other unique cars that many of us have not seen in real life.

Source: bmwblog

woooooow

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
      WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING?! DAMN!!!
      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Thats the classic 4 cylinder M12 turbo engine, made by Brabham for F1 racing pushing over 1200 hp :drool:

Comment

CF turbo :drool:

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
          Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

that is just pure orgasm!
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Correct, given the amount of CF in that engine and the exotic materials it's the outlawed I-4 F1 engine (the M44 was based on that, that's the Club Car engine for all of you ;))

If owning the E21 racer, the E9 racer, and the E36 FINA ETCC racer meant I stay single forever, then by God so be it!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Comment

I'm about to cry....from happiness, just seeing them is enough, it's too good to be driven...

Past Ride: E39 530i
                Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
                Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

Waaaaaaw i'm speechless!!! The cars, even those scaled cars, and that engine are master pieces! Its a pleasure to look at them, i cant imagine how it would feel to drive any of them! Mashallah!

On a seperate note and some of you might disagree with me, looking at those cars and the beauty of each makes me feel like BMW has lost an essense, they lost that BMW spirit! Yeah BMW is making good cars, but the newer versions are missing some spirit! it might be wrong to look at those nicely modified BMWs and compare to the real world BMWs we see on the street! but why is that we are all droooolling over these older version cars???

Thats just my opinion :)

Thanks for sharing!
                  sigpic
                  Audi R8 - White / Blk
                  Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

^^ The world was a simpler place with less soccer moms back then...

Comment

:drool:

BMW history:
                      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

:cry::cry:
                        sigpic
                        07' HFP Accord | Current
                        HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Originally posted by Moe-335 View Post
                          it is the cover :)

Comment

Originally posted by Moe-335 View Post
                            Originally posted by pathfinder View Post
                            it is the cover :)
                            Full form of CF turbo = Classic Four turbo :read:

Comment