No announcement yet.

BBS RGRs (limited edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-3 in the rear is a bit too much for our cars and you will have understeer predominantly around corners. From my memory, E46 M3 runs around -2.1deg in the rear. I think you should cancel the order for the rear adj. arms as the rear end of these cars is already tail happy, especially with new subframe bushings and new RTABs. The cars are already built to understeer. With your square rims setup, upgraded bushings (I STRONGLY recommend TMS solid RTABs), and a bit more of -ve camber up front (luxury) you shouldn't be facing any troubles. You MIGHT need to play around with the tire pressures (less in the front), but I don't see why.

My car's shocks are shot and long dead, but you can never notice a difference. Just shows how brilliant the chassis and geometry are.

Comment

i have to get the rear adjustable arms to fix my already positive camber. maybe am mistaken about the camber. but anyways i need it to get my rear wheels to stock. i have a bit camber up front ... but to tell you the truth running 265 all around is not a fun drive.
      I'd rather have my ordinary 18s with 235/265
      2004 M3 SG/IR, SMGII, SatNav, HK, MoonRoof, Phone, PDC, OEM MP3 CD Box, BBS RGR 18s with (Conti 2) & 19s OEMs. CF Cluster, Matt black SMG paddles, EAS Matt black gills & Grills, CF Splitters, Depo Fogs. Depo Side Signals, H&R Springs, Powerflex Rtabs & Fcabs, TMS subframe Reinforcement Kit, Stream line filter & Elbow, CSL front brake kit, F+R SS Lines, F+R Pagid track 4-2-1, MOTUL RBF600 RACING BRAKE FLUID DOT 4, Turner Motor sports rear Adjustable Control arms & Full CSL Kit !!

Comment

Fix it with OEM control arms, if the price difference is big.

I know how hard it is to steer the car with biggies in the front, therefore it's a track setup only.

Comment

they drive well around corners, i only wish i had semi slick tires now ... as u said continental is not a good tire for the track. i would have to order Potenza RE-01R very soon.
          2004 M3 SG/IR, SMGII, SatNav, HK, MoonRoof, Phone, PDC, OEM MP3 CD Box, BBS RGR 18s with (Conti 2) & 19s OEMs. CF Cluster, Matt black SMG paddles, EAS Matt black gills & Grills, CF Splitters, Depo Fogs. Depo Side Signals, H&R Springs, Powerflex Rtabs & Fcabs, TMS subframe Reinforcement Kit, Stream line filter & Elbow, CSL front brake kit, F+R SS Lines, F+R Pagid track 4-2-1, MOTUL RBF600 RACING BRAKE FLUID DOT 4, Turner Motor sports rear Adjustable Control arms & Full CSL Kit !!

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
            -3 in the rear is a bit too much for our cars and you will have understeer predominantly around corners. From my memory, E46 M3 runs around -2.1deg in the rear. I think you should cancel the order for the rear adj. arms as the rear end of these cars is already tail happy, especially with new subframe bushings and new RTABs. The cars are already built to understeer. With your square rims setup, upgraded bushings (I STRONGLY recommend TMS solid RTABs), and a bit more of -ve camber up front (luxury) you shouldn't be facing any troubles. You MIGHT need to play around with the tire pressures (less in the front), but I don't see why.

My car's shocks are shot and long dead, but you can never notice a difference. Just shows how brilliant the chassis and geometry are.
            you have to check this thread on M3forum for useful info on square setups for the track

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=227078

Comment

Just went through it quickly, will scan it tonight at home!

Comment

Iyan (obidian) has a very good thread for OEM square set up

Comment

this has more setups and experiences .. i like it more ... in the end they are pretty similer ... some manged to put 285s in front ... i really do not know why ??

Comment

Working...
                  X