Connecting iPod to E85 Z4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting iPod to E85 Z4

My 325CI has an ipod connection that replaced the CD changer in the back of the stereo. I bought the car used a while back and that came with the car. It charges the ipod/iphone that sits in the glove compartment and all controls are from the car stereo.

I want to install the same thing on my E85 Z4. I'm pretty sure I just need a particular Apple 30-pin cable that I could probably install myself in the dashboard.

I'm off to dragonmart now for a look around, but putting up a note here in case anyone has one lying around or knows someone who can help.

Thanks.

Ex-Car audio technician here.

Dragonmart more than likely will not have what you need (although anything is possible there). Depending on the year your car is, you need an adapter that will convert the CD changer serial plug to an Apple 30 pin connector. This is necessary for Z4's up to 2008. After that I believe there is a an AUX port included and you can just use that.

Something like this is what I am talking about: http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/product/1823

Cheers

Comment

Working...
    X