Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Fault in the X5M

Hey guys,

I was driving the X5M today and suddenly i got the warning "Engine Fault! Reduced Power"
    The engine suddenly lost most of its power and the revs dropped a lot. Accelerating even a little bit caused the car to vibrate a lot!
    I switched off the car and turned it back on and then the warning disappeared and the car returned back to normal. I thought it was just a sensor issue but dad said that this has been happening the past 2-3 days. So, i took the car to AGMC and the guy said to do a full engine check to find out whats wrong it will take 2 days and just the check will cost 840 dhs. I had no choice but to give it to them.

Just asking if you guys have any idea what the problem could be and if anyone else has faced this before. Could it be some natural engine fault or is it cause of the way the car is driven?

Thanks! Will keep you updated.

welcome to the world of N63 and S63 engines .

the check list is very long to tell what would be the problem ( fuel pump - ignition coils - air leak - turbos - spark plugs - and many many more ) , hopefully your issue is a small one since it goes away by restarting the car .

any diagnostic tool would have provided the error fault codes and what is causing the problem , anyway AGMC will get back to you , and keep up updated . good luck

Comment

Just got back from AGMC

Apparently have to change the Fuel injector because diagnostics shows that it is faulty. (they dont know what exactly is wrong, he just kept saying its faulty because either the pressure is higher or lower, they will not give a straight answer)
      Next, there are 4 connecting wires to the turbochargers and they have to be changed because they are leaking.
      Quote for changing these 2 things alone was coming around 22k dhs, but he managed to bring it to 12k dhs.

Need your opinion on this guys...

Comment

Found these:

Injector replacement 2012 X5 50i
        1st problem with my X5M

So looks like i'm not the only one with the problem and BMW does know about the faulty injector but never recalled the cars and now since the warranty is over i guess i will have to end up paying to change all of this.

Comment

can you get access on the code that it's throwing?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
            can you get access on the code that it's throwing?
            Couldn't get hold of that

Gave the car for repair today. Service Manager wasn't there to spoke to the guy below him, Michael. Got it down to 11.4k for replacing the injectors and spark plugs and the 4 connecting wires + replacing the transmission mount under the car.

Comment

OUCHHH

it is worth trying outside AGMC for these mega repairs

I would contact ADDRESS REMOVED

Again always wise to shop around first.

[warning]Rifo: Please do NOT publish contact addresses publicly on the forum[/warning]
              Last edited by RAFiK; 21-06-2014, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X