G-Power E60 M5 SK-I install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G-Power E60 M5 SK-I install

As Gustav requested, I've made a thread dedicated to the installation process, as well as post updates along the way of the G-Power Stage 1 supercharger kit my shop is installing. I believe this is the first G-Power M5 kit installed solely by a shop, without a G-Power technician present during the installation. There is a lot of buzz surrounding the G-Power kits for E60 M5, and we're going to do our best to answer questions and provide insight on the overall kit, from beginning to end.

Member "MuchMoore" has been periodically stopping by our shop, and taking some pictures of his own(posted here: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...tall-pics.html), so do be aware, the progress will likely almost always be further along than what's listed here. This will be the "official" thread for this build.

The subject car is a 2008 M5, sapphire black on full black leather:

A few months prior to the install, we installed an Active Autowerke Exhaust system, along with RD-Sport catless headers as well as a performance tune from AA.

One last "before" shot for the heck of it. . .this is going to look very different when the build is complete.

The first order of business was a basic tear down. This included removal of the OEM airboxes, intake manifold, bumper, fuel rails. Here is a couple pictures showing it in progress.

Once the basic things had been removed from the car, the ECU was pulled out and packaged in a static resistant bag to be shipped to G-Power for tuning.

Stay tuned for more coming soon!
    We purposely got the car in 2 days prior to the kit arriving. We figured this would minimize downtime for the customer in the end, as we could get right to business when the kit arrived. Like clockwork, on the 2nd day of the car being at the shop, the kit arrived. Here are pictures of SOME of what's included with SK-I. This was the "special price" so it did not come with the exhaust system, as SK-I usually would from what I understand. Not like we needed it anyway, so all is good.

nice touch on the plaque:

biggest s/c pullies i've ever seen:

plain weave carbon fiber airboxes and plate:

front mount radiator for charge cooling system:

intake manifold stuff, mocked up with water reservoir in the middle:

I have to say, hats off to G-Power in the overall quality of the parts in this kit. The craftsmanship is absolutely unreal. . .everything is either CNC machined or custom sand casted. . .the quality is head and shoulders above most anything on the market today, period. We wasted no time seeing how pieces fit together and worked with one another. . .more updates coming soon!
    Source: M5board.com
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

I have to say, hats off to G-Power in the overall quality of the parts in this kit.
    :iagree::bow::bow:
    sigpic
    07' HFP Accord | Current
    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Hopefully Petrolhead doesn't get ideas from this project...

Comment

^ hopefully he GETS some ideas :slap:
        Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
        Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
        Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
        Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
        1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
        Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
        eMail:
        Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

what do u mean hopefully he doesn't get any ideas!?! Rami... if u have the money for it GO!!!!!!

:rofl:
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

This is stage 1, I wonder how much it would cost compared to a stroker which can produce around 640-650 hp and keeps the engine NA
            ...petrolhead

Comment

one way to find out ;)
              sigpic

Comment

petrolhead... do you need all that power?

*brunoruns away*

Comment

Nope don't the power, just curious as to how much it will be... might be a "cheaper" alternative to getting the new F10 M5
                  ...petrolhead

Comment

:dangerous::dangerous:Amazing

Comment

Update:
                      We'll now go over some of the things that need to be modified, cut, or trimmed for fitment, as well as some of the custom things we're going to be doing for this car including a custom gauge pod and water/alcohol injection system.

We've been working with a custom audio and fabrication shop which is just up the street from us on designing and fabricating a gauge pod. This pod will house 2 VEI gauges, air/fuel ratio and boost. The original idea was to have a rounded off pod, resembling the lines of the OEM cluster and I-Drive hoods. We chose VEI gauges since they offer soft amber lighting, and have an OEM-looking aluminum trim area surrounding the gauge - very clean design overall.

The area covered in protective towels and paper to mask off the area. This corner got a fiberglass mold made of it, to ensure a perfect fit.

We'll get back to that shortly, when it's further along. The finished product will be wrapped in OEM Anthracite Alcantara; a perfect match to the OEM headliner.

When looking in the engine bay of the M5, you could right away note that there is not enough space to simply bolt on 2 superchargers WITH the supplied airboxes sitting behind them. Certain things had to be re-worked, trimmed and modified to make room for the new hardware going in. Here's a few things on that list:

The coil pack cover on the passenger side needed to be trimmed at a 45 degree angle to accomodate the relocation of the a/c line nearby. This will later be out of the way just enough for the supercharger bracket on that side. You can see the cut piece, along with the a/c line tied down.

One of the most severe things that were modified for fitment purposes was this section of the "frame" on the passenger side. This needed to be cut a bit because the front of the supercharger pulley will be sitting in that section. This is not done yet, but you can see where it's been trimmed, marked with blue. This will have all corners rounded off, and the bare edges will be repainted. Also note the rubber isolator for the OEM airbox has been removed.

The coolant system is also being heavily modified, as there is a hard line that comes off the block from the water pump which will now be relocated due to it interfering with where the driver's side bracket will rest. The coolant hardline going back was trimmed ~7", and will tie into the system with a modified pipe and the use of a machined fitting and silicone hoses for the expansion tank.

The back of the expansion tank was trimmed as well, as there is yet another conflict of space, with the supercharger (namely the carbon airbox) winning.

The positive battery line had to be re routed to free up space as well. Instead of going straight down, the line now runs directly toward the back of the car. The second picture shows where it is tied down to the firwall now.

The OEM bracket holding the power steering reservoir on the passenger side was trimmed, rounded off, and painted. This piece usually extends another 3-4" from it's current rounded point, to tie into the OEM airbox.

The secondary air system has been cut, and capped with a K&N filter right by the pump.
                      ...petrolhead

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
                        Nope don't the power, just curious as to how much it will be... might be a "cheaper" alternative to getting the new F10 M5
                        LOOOOOOOL.... already thinking ahead are we?! any pics of this F10?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
                          LOOOOOOOL.... already thinking ahead are we?! any pics of this F10?
                          :whathesaid:
                          :pics:
                          sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                          E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                          E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                          E23 735i - Sold

Comment

None yet, only camouflaged spy pics
                            ...petrolhead

Comment

AMAZINGGGG !!!!!!
                              Alpina B3 3.0i 1995 saloon N:0286 :drive:
                              Alpina B5 4.4ltr V8 supercharged, saloon, 2007, N:260

Comment

Working...
                              X