No announcement yet.

I need opinions, Is this normal??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine doesn't heat at all (knock on wood)...I still say change the water pump and see how it acts now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
      Mine doesn't heat at all (knock on wood)...I still say change the water pump and see how it acts now.
      Ayham, try driving the car Racing style as in high RPMs with ur foot on the floor in daylight at around 2. drive it like that for 3 minutes and keep watching the temp ....then come back and reply.
      Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
      Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
      Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
      Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
      1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
      Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
      eMail:
      Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Guys since ur cars aint heating up when ur standing in traffic with ur AC on, but heats up under heavy accelaration......Its a sine of a worn out water pump + a worn out fan clutch.......

Plus guys check if the fan in front of the radiator is working.....

The thing is i would recommend changing the water pump (upgrading) to the one with the metal blades (OEM had plastek plades). Change the fan clutch. Flush the cooling system of the car and fill up with new OEM coolant and make sure to properly bleed the system.....After that the car will run heat free in any tempreture....
        sigpic
        iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
        Falcons Garage
        Carbotech

Comment

Well i have changed my fan clutch and i have checked for any leek that i could possibly have and it turned out to be that my system is working perfectly. Still, I'm having my problem on high RPMs when at daylight time.

Bashar: where can i find that OEM water pump and OEM Coolant ....thx

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
          Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
          eMail:
          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

bashar please get us a deal on some brand new water pumps.. i fancy the one bimmerworld sells.

Comment

Will try and hook you up with new water pumps, I think the E46 pumps are already using the metal blades not like the E36 where you had to upgrade (EVO E36 M3 had the metal blade water pump, so it must've continued with the E46 M3).

Rifo, then your asking for trouble mate!!! It's totally pointless, reckless, and irrational to drive the car like that at 2 NOON during the summer time!...You lose nothing respecting mother nature while driving.

Comment

Man, i dont know what to think anymore!!!!!!
                Some of u say its normal, th rest say replace this an that!!!
                Is this a question i shouls ask the BMW dealership, to know if its common with M3's they've sold?
                I would hate to replace parts and upgrade etc then end up gettin the same results!
                Really dont know what to do. are these parts costly to replace and the draining etc?
                What am i looking at???
                sigpic
                Audi R8 - White / Blk
                Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                  Man, i dont know what to think anymore!!!!!!
                  Some of u say its normal, th rest say replace this an that!!!
                  Is this a question i shouls ask the BMW dealership, to know if its common with M3's they've sold?
                  I would hate to replace parts and upgrade etc then end up gettin the same results!
                  Really dont know what to do. are these parts costly to replace and the draining etc?
                  What am i looking at???
                  dude u've got a problem but us we dont .....cuz ur having high temp on low RPMs and even when idle......but we're having SLIGHTLY high temps on EXTREMELY high RPMs ....so u need to change what ever is mentioned up before few posts :D

Need Assistance?
                  eMail:
                  Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
                    dude u've got a problem but us we dont .....cuz ur having high temp on low RPMs and even when idle......but we're having SLIGHTLY high temps on EXTREMELY high RPMs ....so u need to change what ever is mentioned up before few posts :D

I dont have high temps on low RPMs or when idle!
                    when did i say that? :nono:
                    sigpic
                    Audi R8 - White / Blk
                    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

^ +1

lsb_m3's case is just like us. i'm thinking of getting the bimmerworld water pump. what do you think?

Comment

Its not even pushing the car, but driving normal!
                        hmmmm i thought u had the problem when driving the car normally ....if it only happens when ur driving harsh .....then its the same as us except we dont get the temp high to red...it only goes up right before the DOT ...

Need Assistance?
                        eMail:
                        Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Bruno, if u can tell me an estimate of how much the whole thing of changing parts and draining will cost, i would really apprecite it.
                          Can anyone list exactly what needs to be done?
                          etc....
                          Thanks
                          sigpic
                          Audi R8 - White / Blk
                          Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Water Pumps

hmmmm i think i've found the right ones .......any suggestions ??

LINK : http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...ParamCat=E46M3

Need Assistance?
                            eMail:
                            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

The last one you can get here locally.....Can get it for ya at 37% discount!

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                                Bruno, if u can tell me an estimate of how much the whole thing of changing parts and draining will cost, i would really apprecite it.
                                Can anyone list exactly what needs to be done?
                                etc....
                                Thanks

i don't know how much OEM coolant will cost... but expect to spend not less than 1100 all in all.

you will need a new water pump (assuming 500 aed), thermostat (max 50 AED) and coolant (approx. 100)... so with labor we are talking about spending1100 AED to get this issue fixed... from my extensive research these pumps are known to lose efficiency with age, and at high temps it starts to show signs of weakness and this is what causes the needle to go slightly up and drop.

Comment

Working...
                                X