What Is The Solution For This???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Is The Solution For This???

My car key is all scratched up! Now I have a spare key in great condition but it seems to have no battery power. i tried putting it in ignition and drove the car, that didnt charge it not one bit.
    Is there a way to replace the plastic black housing? basically take the one on spare key and place it on old one? i tried to disassemble my old key but it seems impossible to do!
    Here is a picture of the key, its for an E46 M3
    Thanks!
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

rafik mentioned this infront of me the other day. ask him

Comment

i dont know the solution yet, im still making some researches on how to change to the rechargeable battery..if anything comes with me i will post directly !!
      Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
      Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
      Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
      Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
      1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
      Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
      eMail:
      Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

LSB !! ....i found the solution ....i will post it in DIY section

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
        Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
        eMail:
        Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Link the other thread here also...

Comment

Check this link

http://bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthre...=newpost&t=198

Need Assistance?
            eMail:
            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Thanks for the response! I almost lost hope on anyone replying :)
              Cheers!
              sigpic
              Audi R8 - White / Blk
              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

but then again.....be careful and read all posts before u cut anything :)

Need Assistance?
                eMail:
                Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Three ways to make the key work

First Option:
                  The remote might not work because of programming error and can be resetted by the below procedure:

Get in the car and close the door. Put the non working key in the ignition, turn it to the on position, remove it within 5 seconds, then hold the unlock button down and press the lock button 3 times(quickly- within 7 seconds) and release both buttons. The doors should lock/unlock to give you confirmation and your key should work. If it doesn't work the first time, try again, it should work as it did with mine.

Second option:

Get in the car and close the door. Put the working [/COLOR]key in the ignition, turn to position 2, and turn it back off quickly and take out the key. Then while holding the "Unlock" button, hit "Lock" three times quickly. If it took, the locks in the car will lock and open automatically(cycle). Then take the non-working key and hold "Unlock" and hit "Lock" three times quickly (do NOT insert the key and do the "Accessories" thing with the second key). Again, the locks should cycle.

u have to release the buttons at the same time for the locks to cycle

Third option: Replacing Battery

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=5649044

Comment

I'd love to see if these work....Guys with the problem please try it and feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                      I'd love to see if these work....Guys with the problem please try it and feedback!
                      I've been waiting all day to come back and type this! lolllll (my client has no internet connection!)

IT WORKEDDDDD!!! I followed the 1st step written by KAAMCHORE!!!!

Put the non working key in ignition, to on position (did not start engine). kept it there for like 4 seconds. took it out, pressed and HELD the unlock button. then pressed the lock button 3 times (while still holding the unlock button). released both at the same time, and all of a sudden...........
                      the car locked and unlocked! as a full cycle! then i tried the key and it works 100%!!!!!!!!!!

Great help! thanks to everyone! and still very appreciated the "cut the key" idea, in case no other solution, it will save u couple hundred dollars!!!
                      sigpic
                      Audi R8 - White / Blk
                      Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

EXCELEENT!

great to see some minor problems solved successfully :clap:

Comment

No problemo!! Everyone can try it even if the keys are working fine....It will give you the lock/unlock cycle.

The programming gets spoiled by pressing the buttons randomnly and it stops working. Then you can reset it by the above method.

Comment

Working...
                          X