track car HUNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

track car HUNT

guys I have been searching for a while now to buy a car to use for trackdays, weekends, redline(future), and HPDS.

I thought of alot of cars for example porsche 944 but the problem was it will be expensive to restore it because old porsche parts are rare and expensive in our region

after checking websites and forums :Coffe: I fell in love with the e30 m3. whats do you guys think of the car? I know its rare to find one here but I found alot of US-specs that are up for sale :ebay:.

I would like to restore the car and make it an EVOIII.

Most of the work will be done in my house( planning to build a dream garage:bmwfan:). and last its the s14 bug that hit me :drive:
    E92 335i /// Sparkling Graphite /// Hartge boot lip spoiler /// Hartge front lip spoiler /// O.Z Botticelli III /// Michelin PS2 /// KW V2(soon) /// H&R rear swaybar(soon)

This advice is coming from someone who has been there and done that and has many T-shirts!

Finding a Cheap E30 M3 in good condition for your application is almost impossible, a cheap in an almost running condition is easy to find, restoring the E30 M3 is not cheap at all, its an expensive and difficult job, finding parts, getting them and then finding someone to do the job, and after all this, paying the bill!

Dont think that im against getting an E30 M3, actually soon I will be looking for one as well, just waiting for the business to pick up, but my advice would be to get one in a great condition to start with, pay extra up in front and save yourself a lot of trouble later ;)

I personally miss driving above 6,000RPM all the time!
    Meskovic
    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

E30 M3 = :drool: & i'm sure Nabil has a point ^ and make sure you can still import one after the new RTA rules..

i heard bashar wouldn't mind selling his E36 M3, now that's a sweeeeeet track car as well :drool:

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Thanks a lot nabil for your advise :) and its true to pay extra for a good condition e30 will save me a lot.
        What I'm looking for a rust free( but with surface rust is fine) easier than cutting the body and adding new sheet metals.
        I hope to find the right car for my application
        E92 335i /// Sparkling Graphite /// Hartge boot lip spoiler /// Hartge front lip spoiler /// O.Z Botticelli III /// Michelin PS2 /// KW V2(soon) /// H&R rear swaybar(soon)

Comment

Well, you can't got wrong with an E30M3. But, buying the wrong E30M3 can go badly wrong. As the guys above said, better be safe than sorry!

If not an E30M3, a good old E30 would do pretty good. Theres millions of ways to convert it into a killer RLC car.

Good luck with your hunt man !
          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

You just made my day Thani....You DO have a "race" driver inside you man, one of my easiest students so far :)

Go for the E30 M3, pay up front for a VERY good one, and then it's party time for all of us here in lending you a hand (online and in that garage of yours!!).

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
              E30 M3 = :drool: & i'm sure Nabil has a point ^ and make sure you can still import one after the new RTA rules..

i heard bashar wouldn't mind selling his E36 M3, now that's a sweeeeeet track car as well :drool:
              Thanks Haissam :)

Thani if i were you i would prefer going with an E30 since they cheaper to buy, cheaper parts, and you wont feel guilty using such a fine icon as a dedicated track car.

Still i would love to get an E30 M3 but not for such application, but to be a garage queen :D

E30 with proper modifications would do wonders and dance around the track without breaking a swet.

Lets take an Example:

A 1990-1991 E30 would cost you around 5-7k AED Max, while on the other hand an M3 would reach the 30K figure easily when clean.

Parts: the E30 can be a host to many enignes such as the M50 (2.5L)- S50B30 (3.0L)-S50B32 (3.2L)-S54 (3.2L). while the E30 M3 has the S14 enigne (2.3L) is a very good enigne, but lacks the needed juices to compete on the track. and you wont swap that since you already paid alot for the E30 M3 :)

suspension parts are cheaper for an E30 comapring it to the E30 M3 ones. and that goes from bushing, control arms, coilovers and the other stuff needed.

Interior can be gutted without feeling again Guilty. and can install a roll cage at an early stage (since you didnt pay alot for the E30 in the first place).

Many things can be done the E30, and the same can also be done with an E30 M3 but there is a huge price difference btw both.
              sigpic
              iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
              Falcons Garage
              Carbotech

Comment

Originally posted by Bashar M. View Post

Thani if i were you i would prefer going with an E30 since they cheaper to buy, cheaper parts, and you wont feel guilty using such a fine icon as a dedicated track car.

Still i would love to get an E30 M3 but not for such application, but to be a garage queen :D

E30 with proper modifications would do wonders and dance around the track without breaking a swet.

Lets take an Example:

A 1990-1991 E30 would cost you around 5-7k AED Max, while on the other hand an M3 would reach the 30K figure easily when clean.

Parts: the E30 can be a host to many enignes such as the M50 (2.5L)- S50B30 (3.0L)-S50B32 (3.2L)-S54 (3.2L). while the E30 M3 has the S14 enigne (2.3L) is a very good enigne, but lacks the needed juices to compete on the track. and you wont swap that since you already paid alot for the E30 M3 :)

suspension parts are cheaper for an E30 comapring it to the E30 M3 ones. and that goes from bushing, control arms, coilovers and the other stuff needed.

Interior can be gutted without feeling again Guilty. and can install a roll cage at an early stage (since you didnt pay alot for the E30 in the first place).

Many things can be done the E30, and the same can also be done with an E30 M3 but there is a huge price difference btw both.
                :iagree::whathesaid:
                sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                  You just made my day Thani....You DO have a "race" driver inside you man, one of my easiest students so far :)

Go for the E30 M3, pay up front for a VERY good one, and then it's party time for all of us here in lending you a hand (online and in that garage of yours!!).
                  Thanks alot Boss. inshallah soon I will improve more with your guidance

Lets take an Example:

Thanks alot Bashar for the info :thanks: but can I find clean e30's that not been abused(chassis and body)? anther question can I make it look like an m3 evoIII?

what Im planning to do is to build a clean track car, that looks good and burn some rubber :drive:

most of the things I want to do it by myself and with help from people who have a high mechanical skills and to boost my knowledge and skills :Coffe:

Comment

Originally posted by CurseMan View Post
                    Thanks alot Bashar for the info :thanks: but can I find clean e30's that not been abused(chassis and body)? anther question can I make it look like an m3 evoIII?

what Im planning to do is to build a clean track car, that looks good and burn some rubber :drive:

most of the things I want to do it by myself and with help from people who have a high mechanical skills and to boost my knowledge and skills :Coffe:
                    Yes an E30 can be found with the mentioned requirments. and regarding making it look like and M3 EvoIII that means paying for a body kit.

You can buy the front finders and we can do a rear finder using FiberGlass..... and the other stuff can be bought through the net such as the front lip and rear wing spoilar with the extension.

Making a clean and yet a fast BMW track car is really easy if you paid attention the the details. Mine is an Autox/sprint/trackday car and i believe it still turn head when i pass by :D
                    sigpic
                    iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                    Falcons Garage
                    Carbotech

Comment

Yes an E30 can be found with the mentioned requirments. and regarding making it look like and M3 EvoIII that means paying for a body kit.

You can buy the front finders and we can do a rear finder using FiberGlass..... and the other stuff can be bought through the net such as the front lip and rear wing spoilar with the extension.

Making a clean and yet a fast BMW track car is really easy if you paid attention the the details. Mine is an Autox/sprint/trackday car and i believe it still turn head when i pass by :D
                      Mashallah your car is one of the best e36 i have ever seen :) mashallah mashallah. do we have rust issues with old cars here in the uae. because mostly in areas where its always rainy and cold, mud will trap moist under the body, that will lead to rust.

Comment

well yeah we do have rusty old cars.... but most of the cars we have here are imported from japan and they have a hot/warm climate there. so now worries regearding the rust issues, and a detailed inspection can uncover any hidden rust.
                        sigpic
                        iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                        Falcons Garage
                        Carbotech

Comment

i couldn't read all of the above, but here's my thoughts.

E30s M3 are very nice to have on the track, restoring it and/or transforming it into an ev0IIor III won't make a difference. you can't restore it and race it at the same time.

the main question is, how dedicated do you want the car to be will eventially set your engine capabilities.

a non-m e30 is more practical as a dedicated track car fully stripped and caged.

Comment

i agree with bashar go for a normal non-M E30 OR an E36
                            i have previous experience doing a similar project on a golf MKI (rare parts, lots of body modifications, not enough experienced mechanics like MKII for example, rusty..etc) and i would like to tell u some points
                            - concentrate on the body more than the engine, the body should be first not abused, engine bay clean, no accidents, original factory welds r still the in good conditions, no major repairs where made around suspension mounting points and second no surface rust............body repairs r the worst thing u can go thru
                            - i am not an expert in BMW but look for engines that match the chassis without engine mounts modifications or cutting in the body ......again big pain unless u know an expert of this car model
                            -E30 has alot of tuning parts and body kits from known brands so u can build a monster and choose and compare
                            -one last remark with your plan of buying a car that was never driven hard nor tuned could be fulfilled by buying a 4 door E30 with stock rims and was owned by mainly old ppl or an E36 due to more availability in the market
                            I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                              i couldn't read all of the above, but here's my thoughts.

E30s M3 are very nice to have on the track, restoring it and/or transforming it into an ev0IIor III won't make a difference. you can't restore it and race it at the same time.

the main question is, how dedicated do you want the car to be will eventially set your engine capabilities.

a non-m e30 is more practical as a dedicated track car fully stripped and caged.
                              thats true Bruno. Il hunt for a non M e30 2 doors if I can find a good one

Originally posted by mahmoud_bedewi View Post
                              i agree with bashar go for a normal non-M E30 OR an E36
                              i have previous experience doing a similar project on a golf MKI (rare parts, lots of body modifications, not enough experienced mechanics like MKII for example, rusty..etc) and i would like to tell u some points
                              - concentrate on the body more than the engine, the body should be first not abused, engine bay clean, no accidents, original factory welds r still the in good conditions, no major repairs where made around suspension mounting points and second no surface rust............body repairs r the worst thing u can go thru
                              - i am not an expert in BMW but look for engines that match the chassis without engine mounts modifications or cutting in the body ......again big pain unless u know an expert of this car model
                              -E30 has alot of tuning parts and body kits from known brands so u can build a monster and choose and compare
                              -one last remark with your plan of buying a car that was never driven hard nor tuned could be fulfilled by buying a 4 door E30 with stock rims and was owned by mainly old ppl or an E36 due to more availability in the market
                              Body is the most important thing and its expensive to repair if it had alot of rust. Il put it as a priority on the list. I wont buy the car if it had any major modification to the body and the car have to be clean

Comment

Working...
                              X