Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent advice about Used M3 2005 buying..report attached

Hi all

I am a new member in this forum and I really liked reading it for some time as non member

I have been searching for a nicely used M3 E46 for almost one year here at UAE...till I found a very nice one I checked at AGMC for any problems am attaching the report including the DIS report can you help me assesing the status of this car if its okay or not..

the car info is as following:
    1.M3 E46 2005 colur :charcoul black
    2.Smg2
    3.Milage = 39000 Kilometers
    4.last service was done at 36000 as per the user brakes were changed
    5.Next service is at 60000 Km.

6, In the qoutation they
    mentioned two main things thats is putting my attention into alram status they are as following:
    1.Brake Disc to be changed although its already been changed as per service history as per the seller.

2.Roller to be changed (this thing is making me bit nervous)

I have attached the report please please advise because this could be my dream car and I loved this car so much!!:):drool:

:please:

:thanks2:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ahmed.Sallam; 27-04-2009, 12:00 AM. Reason: title
    sigpic
    :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

:hi: & welcome to our forums :)

an 05 M3 with 39,000km sounds really great

from the report i think it looks really good.. brake discs might only need skimming & i'd assume the owner only changed pads at the 36k service :dunno:

tires might also be ok, AGMC sometimes make the report sound worse than it actually is :)

ohhh & what the hell is a "roller"?

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

^+1 what's a "roller"?

Comment

hi haissamthx for ur reply

after searching for it with the help of my friend this what i got

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DG%26um%3D1

I checked itand found it to be related to a timing belt stuff i don know am not the M3 expert here:):thanks2:
        sigpic
        :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
          ^+1 what's a "roller"?
          hi Ayham thx for ur reply

as replied to Haissam I dont know exactly where it is they told me its part of the engine compartment timing belt stuff
          Last edited by Ahmed.Sallam; 27-04-2009, 12:29 AM. Reason: spelling
          sigpic

Comment

That's the belt tensioner, and the one on the bottom is the pully.
            The tensioner keeps the belts tight so they wont go loose, it's hydraulic on BMW engines because an engine revving up to 8,000+RPM needs a good tight belt.
            The pully is what the belt spins on, this specific pully is a free spinning wheel with a bearing inside it. It does not drive anythy, such as a water pump or alternator. But, they are a service part and so is the tensioner. The tensioner is more important unless the pully is in seriously bad condition, it could sieze (stop moving) and snap the belt, you know what happens from there !
            Last edited by SewerSideUp; 27-04-2009, 12:32 AM.
            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Ahh OK that!! Dude that's nothing serious at all...

I say according to the statement the car is good. Regarding the brake disc, maybe the previous owner was a bit harsh on the brakes and therefore they need skimming. You can decide by moving your thumb across the disc and feeling how "wavey" it is and how much of step there is between the disc "meat" and its edge.

Comment

guys I have another question

is 130,000 fair price for this car or it is less or more?
                thx
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                  That's the belt tensioner, and the one on the bottom is the pully.
                  The tensioner keeps the belts tight so they wont go loose, it's hydraulic on BMW engines because an engine revving up to 8,000+RPM needs a good tight belt.
                  The pully is what the belt spins on, this specific pully is a free spinning wheel with a bearing inside it. It does not drive anythy, such as a water pump or alternator. But, they are a service part and so is the tensioner. The tensioner is more important unless the pully is in seriously bad condition, it could sieze (stop moving) and snap the belt, you know what happens from there !
                  thx man so ur advise is to fix this as soon as i buy this car?
                  sigpic

Comment

Ahh OK that!! Dude that's nothing serious at all...

I say according to the statement the car is good. Regarding the brake disc, maybe the previous owner was a bit harsh on the brakes and therefore they need skimming. You can decide by moving your thumb across the disc and feeling how "wavey" it is and how much of step there is between the disc "meat" and its edge.
                    thx man he did his service just 3000 km's back how the hell do u think brakes got damaged so fast??
                    sigpic

Comment

You can be an animal on the brakes and that's all it takes...

130,000 is not a bad price at all for a car that's practically brand new! Might want to talk him down a bit more since the avg. price for M3s nowadays is AED90,000, but ofcourse with much higher mileage....So you balance it the way you think is fair for both.

Comment

You can be an animal on the brakes and that's all it takes...

130,000 is not a bad price at all for a car that's practically brand new! Might want to talk him down a bit more since the avg. price for M3s nowadays is AED90,000, but ofcourse with much higher mileage....So you balance it the way you think is fair for both.
                        one Q did u notice the note mentioning brake vibration is it ok for an M3 to have that?

another question but this one is little bit personal:) what is your fair price if you want to buy this car yourself?

thx
                        sigpic

Comment

If it's got drilled rotors then a bit of vibration is inevitable when braking from high speeds, you'll also hear a rough sound too when doing that but that's also normal.

In fairness and assuming it's my car I'd say AED120,000 is a fair deal. But that's me, someone will tell you to offer him 70,000 given the market prices now. I'm not one of these...

Comment

the brake vibration is caused by the uneven surface of the rotor, and that can be easily solved by skimming the rotor......

A fair price for such a car, with such a low milage, would be around 118k-125k max....
                            sigpic
                            iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                            Falcons Garage
                            Carbotech

Comment

thx guys a lot I hope I would finish this deal so I can see u around soon

:drivinginstructor:

:bmwbest:
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X