New tryes on my M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tryes on my M3

Hi gents, I have changed my tyres recently, I have HRE rims on my M3, most of you know that and saw them, the tyres on it used to be TOYO.

Front: 245/35 ZR19
    Rear: 285/30 ZR19

New ones are of the same size and are fitted perfectly.

My problem is that the RIGHT TYRE ONLY is hitting the fender and is rubbing out the rubbers and it is melting also due to the weather and almost destroying my paint and the fender itself. I have measured also the hight from both sides and they are the same hight, the car is not bent to any side, both sides are exactly the same height.

Thanx in advance

search for fender rolling or you might want to have some one adjust your right rear trailing arm.

Comment

It also depends on the brand of tyre you use... did you go with Toyo's again or another brand... certain brands have a more rounded edge compared to others... maybe that's why you are getting rubbing
      ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
        search for fender rolling or you might want to have some one adjust your right rear trailing arm.
        ill search and try to find something

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
        It also depends on the brand of tyre you use... did you go with Toyo's again or another brand... certain brands have a more rounded edge compared to others... maybe that's why you are getting rubbing
        im using michelin tyres, but y its only the right side

Comment

you have less camber on the rubbing side :) get an alignment....
          sigpic
          iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
          Falcons Garage
          Carbotech

Comment

ill do it today and c wat happens

Comment

+1 i think it's an alignment issue..

i stand corrected, but toyo side walls are somehow round compared to michelin, which is why you are rubbing now :)

BMW history:
              07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                +1 i think it's an alignment issue..

i stand corrected, but toyo side walls are somehow round compared to michelin, which is why you are rubbing now :)

Comment

i mean that michelin have almost vertical side walls, whereas toyo have more rounded side walls.. once u did the change you lost that few "mm" of clearance that the rounded side walls provided..

but the main issue is that u need alignment, and you didn't notice that previously coz ur tires provided more clearance :)

i know this is just a stab in the dark, but is the most likely scenario IMO :)

BMW history:

Comment

285 will touch with an E46 M3 ... try doing an alignment first then if it didn't work .. go to X-Service Center where they can do fender rolling for 400 AED !! . I've seen their work .. its perfect !
                    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                    eMail:
                    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

i took the car to a friend yesterday, he played a bit with the coilsovers, this morning i came to work and sent the car to be cleaned, between the wheel and the fender from the rubber and im gonna try and see if there is any change 2day, ill inform you with the new news;)

Comment

oohhh just noticed that you're running 285 rears.. i think that's a bit wide and 275 would've been a wiser choice :)

BMW history:

Comment

the car had 285, so i replaced the old by new, only changed the brand, and didnt notice its hitting until i reached abu dhabi from mussafah :D

Comment

ok gents, i have fixed the car, my coilovers are adjustable, adjusted the rear right side where it was hitting the fender with 1/2 a cm. the car is perfect now and if i have people at the back it still wont hit :D

thank you

Comment

Working...
                            X