Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Temp. Marking a bit higher then the normal Middle stable reading

Dear Friends;

The tough summer started, and really this is not that required weather for our cars 

I have turned On my car today, driving to my office, and as today I am having the noon shift, the time was almost 12 PM and the temp outside was marking almost 46 degrees..

Then I got stocked in a traffic for almost 20 minutes, The gauge suddenly marked a bit higher..the needle was exactly in the mid between the normal reading and the 75% of the gauge where is a black Dot.

And because I was outside the country for almost 2 month, yesterday and before I turn my car on, Fortunately I had checked all the levels (as the car was steady for 2 month), including the water level..So I can neglect the water level reason or any leak..

When I got out of the traffic..and after running for meters the gauge came back to the steady stateā€¦

I have called Doctor Skak, and he advised me to drive the car the X Clinic so that he can have a look..

Any suggestion or expectations Seniors
    sigpic

From what I know... our cars were not exactly designed for these weather conditions and are expected to be running on higher temps, saying that I don't like that reasoning and believe there should be a solution... My engine oil sometimes rises when I throttle the car a bit or get stuck in traffice.

Do let us know what happens with Dr. Shak please :D
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

it's almost normal with all M3 drivers here.. if it happens only when you're stuck in traffic or pushing your car, and when the outside temperature is in the 40's then it should be ok :)

however a quick check won't hurt :)

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
        From what I know... our cars were not exactly designed for these weather conditions and are expected to be running on higher temps, saying that I don't like that reasoning and believe there should be a solution... My engine oil sometimes rises when I throttle the car a bit or get stuck in traffice.

Do let us know what happens with Dr. Shak please :D
        Ahmed, the temp i was speaking about is the Enginer Temp and not the oil templ (the small gauge)
        sigpic

Comment

yes bro, this is wat is happening with all of us, i add also the A/C is usless in this weather :)

Comment

i guess we need special radiators which it comes 4 eyes nt 2 + special AC FAN for our cars
            sigpic
            • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
            and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

you need a speacial big radiator with fan... and you might want to upgrade the oil cooler also.

it could be your fan clutch though.

this is normal, you might notice that the temp goes up to the 3/4 mark and go back down depending on how much you push the throttle. i know that this happens to 7 M3s... including a 2006 which has less than 35k on it.

Comment

Guys, my M3 doesn't heat on the streets...It heats on the track, but only after extended periods spent at the redline! I don't agree with the fact they were not designed for this weather! We all know how BMW test cars..

When a car is heating in traffic it's the fan clutch....

Comment

+1
                  Meskovic
                  this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                    you need a speacial big radiator with fan... and you might want to upgrade the oil cooler also.

it could be your fan clutch though.

this is normal, you might notice that the temp goes up to the 3/4 mark and go back down depending on how much you push the throttle. i know that this happens to 7 M3s... including a 2006 which has less than 35k on it.
                    Thank you Bruno..
                    But what i am sure about is that the last summer, Mark ar Xservice did changed my fan clutch (even for no reason), just to be in the safe side...

1-The Water Level is perfect
                    2-The Coolent got replaced at AGMC maybe 4 month before
                    3-The Radiator is pretty looking in a good condition

when the needle went to the 3/4 of the Gauge, i was stocked at Traffic and i wasnt pushing on the car..

the question is the following: is this Harming the engine..and is it suggested to keep it parked all the summer? :help::lurk:
                    sigpic

Comment

this is normal as per my knowledge... yes it's better to keep it parked that's what i plan to do.

Comment

Park it if you have another car....

If anything, my water pump pulley is TMS's underdrive pulley, which if anything uses less engine power to operate the water pump. I don't know, but this is not right. Anyway, since you've changed the clutch, try a cooling system full flush, change your T-stat, and this is pretty much everything short of changing the radiator to fix this.

Comment

it's normal!

Comment

Fight!
                            Meskovic
                            this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                              Park it if you have another car....

If anything, my water pump pulley is TMS's underdrive pulley, which if anything uses less engine power to operate the water pump. I don't know, but this is not right. Anyway, since you've changed the clutch, try a cooling system full flush, change your T-stat, and this is pretty much everything short of changing the radiator to fix this.
                              Thank you Ayham for your advices...

But me myself, i came to feel that really this is not a defect..it is only that the M3 engine come to be loaded at 45 degrees and the Air condition is ON..
                              I am a very old BMW driver,..and i know that when the BMW (not Necessary an M) having a fault at the fan, radiater, water Pump..or any major..it will Heat up even at cold weather..then why our M3's only got a small temp. higher only at the hell temp (45+)..means that the coolent system is not able to tolerate anymore...This is what i can feel..
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X