Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3 usual heat when driven "Performance" style

hi guys,

I just have one question about the heat gauges in my M3.

I have noticed during this week when i drive it at noon period normally the temperature reaches above (middle)100 by little not exactly the middle but almost nearly above it.

but when i drive it like really racing style at noon the temp would reach higher than middle almost to the second point within minutes .

I have attached one photo i found on the internet for the same subject but the problem i cant use the same reference they mention coz first the weather is different and they super charge their cars over there please have a look at the first gauge from right this is the one am taking about the same point with arrow it reaches within driving so fast inside city these days at noon time on night it heats but not to the same extent.

just for the record the temperature didn't reach that the first three days i drove the car and i pressed on the car also to check that.

the car mileage is 40,000 done its service on 35,000(AGMC) checked yesterday for the coolant liquid level found it there and nicely done by AGMC.

so is it normal for an M3 E46 to get heated fast or should i check something else.
    And yeah before buying the car i checked at AGMC nothing was mentioned in the report I think i posted the same report somewhere her before.

I have found this link on another forum speaking almost about the same topic but still dont know if it needed to add additional stuff to the car as mentioned
    http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=247068

thx guys
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ahmed.Sallam; 29-05-2009, 12:29 PM. Reason: update
    sigpic
    :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

we've discussed this several times mate. all e46 M3s are the same. the engine temp gauge to the right will rise maximum to the 3/4 mark which is safe. beyond that you will have to check if you have any mulfunction.... you are the 20th person with an M3 that faces such a thing. FYI this only happens in temps higher than 35C.

if you want to cool it down a bit use water wetter. other than that upgrade your radiator/fan/oil cooler and you will have the coolest M3 in dubai. be prepared to pay $2000 minimum though.

try not to drive the car during our lovely hot summer days this is why i haven't driven my car in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
      try not to drive the car during our lovely hot summer days this is why i haven't driven my car in a while.
      i'd say try not to push your car during summer :)

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

no drive!

Comment

ok M3 drivers, your cars suck & you have to store them for the summer (5-6 months)!

come on bruno! :spank2:

BMW history:
          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Shut up !! My car runs perfectly in summer !! Water Wetter FTW !
            Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
            Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
            Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
            Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
            1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
            Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
            eMail:
            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

ok try using water wetter.... and tell us what you get.

Comment

its safe to drive ur M3 in summer...Bruno is just being extra cautious.....car is prone to more defects when stored for long :P

dude...just dont push the car....let her just glide thru the summer...avoid harsh driving.... the temp guage increasing is absolutely normal....
                Current
                E92 M3 - Mineral White
                F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                E36 318is
                E39 540i ///M sport
                VW CC
                E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

love your CF interior btw ;)
                  Current
                  E92 M3 - Mineral White
                  F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                  E36 318is
                  E39 540i ///M sport
                  VW CC
                  E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

+99 on WaterWetter

Comment

THANK GOD MY RID NOT M3 :D

TRY WATER WETTER DEAR PM ME
                      sigpic
                      • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
                      and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

rifo, may you please update everybody with wats new with ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                          ok M3 drivers, your cars suck & you have to store them for the summer (5-6 months)!

come on bruno! :spank2:
                          :iagree:

i believe someone should be banned dont u think so hussam !!!!! someone who doestn beleive on the capabilities of his car ..... and who wants to put his car on hibernate mod for 8 months ( summer in uae ). and the other 3 months ( summer to spring : so u cant push it hard ) and then you can enjoy it for 1 month ( spring in uae and make sure u dont push it while its raining so that u dont lose traction. M powaaa will kick in ) ..... so u end up buying a car to fill the space in ur parking and be enjoyed 2 weeks in a year.. thats BS

comon brunoooo.....I would say dont push it in the noon time and u will be ok. and try water wetter. i am getting it soon for my car as an extra safty mod. and it wont cost u much.

my 2 dirhams :thanks:
                          :evil: Z powered with APS ST :evil:

sigpic

Comment

All what i wanted to pass on is that the e46 M3 in particular is a sensitive car when temps rise over 35C.... how one treats his car comes down to him.

For me i see the summer as a resting period, it sits untouched during the daylight and i take it for a spin occasionally when temps fall during the evening.

Comment

:clap:

Comment

Working...
                              X