Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heating up agaiiiiiiin! :(

Hi guys,

Long time ago my car used to heat up, and what i did was bleeding (and i cant remember if i changed something with the fan, belt, etc) and things worked out fine!

Now the car is heating up again! (the oil level indicator that is, see attached picture).

What should i do now? How can i fix the problem. Was this discussed in another thread???

sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

bigger oil cooler will solve it. what engine oil you use?

Comment

LSB, till what level does your oil level heat

Comment

Some of us here are having this problem because of the weather as well... still trying to find a solution. I think there was a thread about this to be honest... someone mentioned Spall or electric fans etc...

Dude... did u change the light color of the cluster?! from the pic they look indigo blue!
        sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

oh and post a pic of the actual position the indicator stopped on at least ;)
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
            oh and post a pic of the actual position the indicator stopped on at least ;)
            +1

Comment

guys oil temp is different than water temp to some extent.... our problem is not like his.

Comment

Kuwait is waaaay warmer than the UAE
                Meskovic
                this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Need to see a pic of the oil temperature (it's not the oil level guage, just temp). If it's slightly above the 100C mark (between half and 3/4 point) then it's normal in summer driving.

Comment

^ Yes it goes between the mid and 3/4 range! Is that normal? i've never experienced that before :(
                    sigpic
                    Audi R8 - White / Blk
                    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                      ^ Yes it goes between the mid and 3/4 range! Is that normal? i've never experienced that before :(
                      Yes that is very normal, specially in summer.. I was worried like you when it first time happened to my car as well, but later found out that its normal..

Relax :)

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
                        Dude... did u change the light color of the cluster?! from the pic they look indigo blue!
                        No! thats not my car, lol
                        sigpic
                        Audi R8 - White / Blk
                        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Relax....mine sits there any time between 11AM and 4PM!

Comment

Rcaing oil cooler group buy FTW !!
                            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                              Rcaing oil cooler group buy FTW !!
                              That would be $3,000, sir. :)

Gift wrap?

Comment

Working...
                              X