No announcement yet.

Replacement Key E66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had to order keys twice for my previous BMWs, first was the remote key for my 2001 330 and it costed me 832AED at AD Motors (back in 2004), and then i had to order the service key for my 1999 Z3 and it costed me 333AED through AGMC (in 2008)..

but i'm assuming the E66 7er has got the newer type of keys and would cost more than 1k :dunno:

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
      i had to order keys twice for my previous BMWs, first was the remote key for my 2001 330 and it costed me 832AED at AD Motors (back in 2004), and then i had to order the service key for my 1999 Z3 and it costed me 333AED through AGMC (in 2008)..

but i'm assuming the E66 7er has got the newer type of keys and would cost more than 1k :dunno:
      Prices increased! remote key now more than 1000 AED for 330i

Comment

guys guys and oh lovely guys! even if it was a ferrari key the guy will get the same one, brand new.

when you walk into his office you will know what i'm talking about, i've also seen him work on the latest bmw keys of you are worried. i don't know what are the prices but he quoted me 600 for an e46 oem key.

Comment

I think the E66 key is around AED 1,600... I'm trying to look if i can find an alternative solution.

Comment

bruno's guy is an alternative solution, i guess....

BMW history:

Comment

Sorry guys, i just read that i can get it through Bruno. I misread his post and thought he bought it once for this price. I will shoot you a PM Bruno and take a key.

Thanks!

Comment

I got my key from AD motors today, it's so nice... ordered from germany within 4 days only! :D

Comment

I talked to this Al Baraka Key shop in Sharjah for a replacement key. They do have it, but i think they want to rip me off. They are charging me AED 600 more than the BMW dealership (Key form BMW is AED1,600 and the shop in Sharjah wanted AED 2,200 first then gave me 2,000 as their last price). As for now, i definitively can't recommend them. their only advantage is that they have keys in stock and with BMW, you need to wait for a couple days.

Comment

i'll ask someone in the garage to inquire about the e66 key and see what price they give us

Comment

Ok great. It should be the key with remote & keyless operation please, as they can also give you a key without the remote.

Comment

al baraka is charging me aed 250 for replacement key with no remote but can start the engine

aed 1k with remote

i have a spare key that i got from scrap yard...they're charging me aed 500 for programming + key cutting

Comment

Originally posted by ultra_pink View Post
                          al baraka is charging me aed 250 for replacement key with no remote but can start the engine

aed 1k with remote

i have a spare key that i got from scrap yard...they're charging me aed 500 for programming + key cutting
                          Always get your keys from trustworthy company like Abu Dhabi Motors, don't give the serial number of your car to stranger cuz maybe they can copy keys and steal it.

Comment

guys... it's not like that. maybe they are giving out good prices to the lads that work in my garage only since we are a garage perhaps. if you want pass by our shop and have one of the employees speak to them over the phone. if you like the price you can take it from there. i'm just trying to help nothing more.

Comment

I just got the key from AGMC in Sharjah. It took only 3 days to come. They gave me a discount of 10% and the total came out to AED 1,630 for the key with comfort access.

I checked the parts price list in Germany. The key there is around Euro 215.00, so with courier charges, the dealer here still makes quite a bit of money. ( http://de.bmwfans.info/parts/catalog...emote_control/ )

Most important is that i got a spare key now though :-)

Comment

congrats, it's a rip-off here but at least it's a once off thing :)

BMW history:

Comment

Working...
                                X