X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to protect your car from theives

~~How to protect your car from Theives~~

Dear All,

Recently we heard a lot about cars steal, not only parts, some theives steal the whole car by recovery, it happened with my friend and couldn't locate that car!

I have a simple idea to locate the stolen car, is to install device inside the car to track the car using GPS or whatever, do you have any idea about that device?

One solution I know is to install cheap running mobile phone with SIM card in a place inside the car the theif can't know, this way we can track the car but we need to make agreement with Telecommunication company to locate the car do you have idea about it? is there any alternative solution?

You don't apply such technology in your cars?

Please admin why we can't change the topic title? I had mistake it should be theives :D

Comment

check this: http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/aud...6/article.html

Comment

full insurance will solve your issue... it should have a clause that states that the car is covered for betrayal.

Comment

Thanks Bruno, but insurance will not install tracking system on the car to catch the theif + you need the car itself not money :)

Comment

but you don't need to act as a cop to get the car... protect yourself financially and let the cops do their work. your friend's car probably was sent from RAk airport and is now in russia.

but yes the mobile can work but it needs to be switched on to be able to be traced.

Comment

Yes you are right.

I think I have to subscribe with Etisalat company or police something like this.

I saw tracking systems for cars online.. BMW should introduce tracking system on every car they produce for safety, should be as seat belt :D

Comment

there is tracking systems in newer BMWs and in the US... where are you baba

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                  there is tracking systems in newer BMWs and in the US... where are you baba
                  I know that.. but not all bmw cars right?

Comment

Better to use the mobile way.. cheap :D

Comment

well you gotta keep the mobile charged and switched on all the time. There are other ways to GPS enable your car by installing a chip. There will be monthly/yearly fee involved. But its a price you pay for security.

You want something worthwhile in this life, you gotta be ready to pay for it. There is no such thing as a free lunch
                      Current
                      E92 M3 - Mineral White
                      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                      E36 318is
                      E39 540i ///M sport
                      VW CC
                      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Agree Wazif,

You think this system will work internationally? or within borders of UAE for example?

Thanks.

Comment

depends on the package you take...

but once your car leaves UAE. There is nothing you can do since its out of your jurisdiction.
                          Current
                          E92 M3 - Mineral White
                          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                          E36 318is
                          E39 540i ///M sport
                          VW CC
                          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Best'est' and somplest solution . . .Dont leave the goddam car dude ! :P

Just sit your a$$ in there and never get out :P
                            2008 325i coupe
                            Stock

Comment

Better yet, plug in a blackberry in your boot and put it on latitude :rofl:
                              2008 325i coupe
                              Stock

Comment

Working...
                              X