Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are these rims fitted on e46 M3????

Hello,
    I was browsing around to find this M3 with i must say beautiful rims! they are soooo deep dished! but what i dont get is the size fitment he has. 20X9.5 for the front by 20X11 for the backs! how is that possible??? and these rims dont come in 5X120.
    Here is the link http://www.felgen-man.de/english/indexenglish.html (click on BMW Showcars, left side menu, then select E46)The rims are called: WORK VS-XX
    I will attach one picture just in case.
    Last edited by LSB_M3; 27-06-2009, 06:14 PM.
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Are we talking about the ACS rims in the link or the rims in the pic that you attached ? Because the pic attached has almost the same rims that you currently have on your car :dunno:

Comment

It also depends on the offset, if the rims have an aggressive offset then you will definitely need fender modifications (i.e. rolling)
      ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Well, yeah thats what i'm wondering. 20X9.5 for the front by 20X11 for the rear! i thought the max u can put in t he back is #X10.
        The rims look like mine but they are soooooo deep!!! i love that look!!!
        sigpic
        Audi R8 - White / Blk
        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

:baffled::baffled: What is the car's offset ??
          don't want to google, wont understand :help:

Comment

This style is called "Euro Style", in which rims stick out of the wheel arches. Don't get me wrong, it's not like the sort of rims jobs you see here (:puke:), they use rims designed to be fitted this way. The key is the offset.

Offset is the distance between the vertical center line of the rim (looking at it from behind) and a reference vertical line/point; the rim mounting surface (wheel hub assembly) or the car vertical center line when you look at the car from behind. Offset is usually mentioned in the rim spec sheet as ETxx, the higher the xx, the more inward the rims is relative to the car differential, and vice versa. You can fit a 10" wide rim on your E36 M3 and sometime you will have rubbing issues with an 8" wide rim on the same car with the same height. Why? offset :)

Comment

Okay speaking of that, my friend just found these rims on ebay and wants to buy them! They are 19X8.5 front and 19X9.5 Rear. The offsets are +38mm front and +45mm rear (also available in +25mm offset for the rear) . Will these fit on his E46 M3? These rims look very very similar to mine! thats why he wants to get them lol!
              Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3139&viewitem=
              Last edited by LSB_M3; 30-06-2009, 01:39 AM.
              sigpic
              Audi R8 - White / Blk
              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

^ Anyone :(
                sigpic
                Audi R8 - White / Blk
                Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

i don;t know what's the offset of M3s.... but IMHO the velocity CSL reps going for $750 is a better option... your looks better than these that look like they are straight from sharjah

Comment

Okay how about the rims my friend wants to buy??? the ones with the ebay link???
                    Any help on whether the offset is okay or not???
                    sigpic
                    Audi R8 - White / Blk
                    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

http://thenobot.org/apps/wheel_size.php

they won't fit...

Comment

Well according to the calculating link, stock rims wont fit either!
                        E46 M3 OEM 19" offsets:
                        Front 19" x 8", ET41
                        Rear 19" x 9", ET27
                        Am I right? How about spacers, can my friend use spacers! he really wants those rims! lol I hate them cause they look like mine!!!
                        sigpic
                        Audi R8 - White / Blk
                        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

LSB, I've posted some time ago the offsets for the 18" and the 19" wheels on the E46 M3...Search for them here :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                            Most important numbers in rims applications are the bolt pattern (PCD = 5x120 for BMWs) and the offset (ETxx). If the offset is correct, then it implies that rim width is also correct for the given ride height.

E46 M3 OEM 18" offsets:

Front 18" x 8", ET47
                            Rear 18" x 9", ET26

E46 M3 OEM 19" offsets:

Front 19" x 8", ET41
                            Rear 19" x 9", ET27

Note that when lowering, different offsets may be required.
                            Saw this in one of the threads..

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                              They are 19X8.5 front and 19X9.5 Rear. The offsets are +38mm front and +45mm rear (also available in +25mm offset for the rear) . Will these fit on his E46 M3?
                              Comparo between the 2 rims:

Front: ET27 VS. ET38

Rear: ET41 VS. ET45

So on paper the new rims should fit with no problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X