Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to lock fuel cover on the body??

Hey mates,

The problem is that fuel cover (external on the body) is not locked using any button in the car, just press on it and it will open, then you can remove the screw to fill petrol, do you know how to avoid that? cuz i want to prevent it from unauthorized access. Thanks.

i guess when u lock the doors, the cover should locks also, i have it like this in my car ;)

Comment

+1...exactly...when you lock the car, the fuel access gets locked too
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

+111

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
        Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Bisho!! Is this a real question?!

Comment

^^+1
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Bisho, i think your fuel tank cover is not working properly. When you lock the car, it shouldnt open, but if it does then there is a problem..

Comment

IF it doesn't lock, which I don't see in his post, then the elastic hinge is shot and needs to be changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                  Bisho!! Is this a real question?!
                  Yes Ayham it's real..

I don't know if you understand it or not.. I mean after locking the car by remote, when you press on metal external cover, it opens!!! also you can get the screw of fuel!! I am wondering.. I don't see any problem on the cover or something broken!!

I am talking about the external metal cover of fuel.. it's really strange!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisho View Post
                    Yes Ayham it's real..

I don't know if you understand it or not.. I mean after locking the car by remote, when you press on metal external cover, it opens!!! also you can get the screw of fuel!! I am wondering.. I don't see any problem on the cover or something broken!!

I am talking about the external metal cover of fuel.. it's really strange!
                    Bisho my mate,open the boot and remove the trim behind the fuel flap,you will see a actuator with two wires,check the conection.
                    Latch the boot and press the lock/unlock button,you will see and hear the actuator work in the boot behind the trim.There will be a plunger moving in and out of the fuel flap.Make sure the plunger has not come of the actuator.
                    Otherwise come and see me?

Comment

please check the photo below guys.. I indicated in red..

Attached Files
                      Last edited by Bisho; 08-07-2009, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
                        Bisho my mate,open the boot and remove the trim behind the fuel flap,you will see a actuator with two wires,check the conection.
                        Latch the boot and press the lock/unlock button,you will see and hear the actuator work in the boot behind the trim.There will be a plunger moving in and out of the fuel flap.Make sure the plunger has not come of the actuator.
                        Otherwise come and see me?
                        Thank you Shakeel, I am in Jordan now or I will come to you sure.. I am not familiar with technical names but I will try to do it, or take it to garage in Amman tomorrow.

Thanks bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisho View Post
                          Thank you Shakeel, I am in Jordan now or I will come to you sure.. I am not familiar with technical names but I will try to do it, or take it to garage in Amman tomorrow.

Thanks bro.
                          Come and see me and I will fix it for you within ten minutes.

Comment

Ohh OK! I thought you were concerned about it when the car is unlocked...

There's a plunger as Shak said (a small rod that goes into a slot in your fuel door when you lock the car) and it seems that its motor is jammed. Shak described it for you how to fix it. If the car is with you in Jordan, take it to Bayader Industrial Area and they'll be able to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
                              Come and see me and I will fix it for you within ten minutes.
                              Thank you Shakeel, I wish I am in UAE, but I am in Jordan now.

Comment

Working...
                              X