X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMG Light Came ON !!!!!

Dear Beemers…

This is what happened with me yesterday:

I stopped at the petrol station waiting a friend to come, Engine and Air condition was ON, the gear was on Neutral (0)..it was at 8: 00 PM.

I went out from the car few minutes, and when I came in, I was surprised to see the yellow gear light is ON..

I went driving my car, everything was normal..shifting smoothly and I didn’t noticed any changes….

I went home, slept and came in again today morning..driving the car Directly towards X-service Clinic..and the Dr. Shakeel was more than happy to hear me..just to mention that during my way to Shak, I drove like about 50 Ks..everything was normal and the SMG light didn’t show…

Shak did the following:

1- Checked my CHF level, and it was perfect
    2- Attached the GT1 to my car, to read a fault called: Hydraulic Unit..

Shak did reset the Fault, and informed me to Re-drive the car and to inform him whenever it Lights Again..

Questions:

1- If it is the SMG Hydraulic unit..then how it comes that the car is driving normally with a perfect and smooth shifting
    2- Lets consider the Pump is working, but it failed for an interval while I was on Neutral, does this means that I should replace it
    3- If I decided to Replace it, how much do I have to pay? As per what Shak Informed me, that it would cost me like 12 K AED..it would be a crises

Thanks
    sigpic

as far as i know u can get it for 5k now, but i dont think there is something wrong with ur pump, but i say change the relay

Comment

Originally posted by akanso View Post
      as far as i know u can get it for 5k now, but i dont think there is something wrong with ur pump, but i say change the relay

as far as i know u can get it for 5k now?

what you meant Bro?

i Have asked Shak about the Relay..he told me, just Drive the car and when the light come ON again let me know
      sigpic

Comment

the SMG pump now costs ~ DHS5000 + u need to add the labour charge to fix it, for the relay i recommend changing it anyway, it is not really expensive

Comment

Dude... I asked about the pump and it costs today a crazy AED 7,000!!!! I thought it would be a maximum of 5k but it's not!

Naseem, it can be a whole host of problems, could be the relay, could be the start of the pump giving way and failing. Shak told me to check my accumulator as well. when u press the car door button count the sound of the buzzing, if it's under 10 seconds then its fine (usually its about 8 seconds) if its above then its the accumulator.

This stupid going into neutral thing has been happening to me and we are still trying to sort out the issue. I recommend doing as Shak said as he really is the person with the most experience when it comes to BMW's and especially M3 SMG pumps
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
            Dude... I asked about the pump and it costs today a crazy AED 7,000!!!! I thought it would be a maximum of 5k but it's not!

Naseem, it can be a whole host of problems, could be the relay, could be the start of the pump giving way and failing. Shak told me to check my accumulator as well. when u press the car door button count the sound of the buzzing, if it's under 10 seconds then its fine (usually its about 8 seconds) if its above then its the accumulator.

This stupid going into neutral thing has been happening to me and we are still trying to sort out the issue. I recommend doing as Shak said as he really is the person with the most experience when it comes to BMW's and especially M3 SMG pumps

Dear Ahmad;

For me, i didnt notice any Neutral Shifting....Mine is operating very normal, excpet that i got a yelloe light once..and what is confusing me that the light came on when the car was not moving !!!!

Regarding the Pump, 7000 Brand New? is it available? and where?
            sigpic

Comment

I was told that it is not available and that u would have to contact Abu Dhabi Motors or AGMC to get it for you. Contact Marwan from Central auto parts, the guys have his number, I'm sorry but I don't.

The situation u r describing happened to me the first time, exactly the same. I drove to Al Ain to check out the course for the HPDS and the car was parked, as soon as I came back to it the light was on... since then the car has these hissy fits where the light comes on and it sometimes goes into neutral.

how many km has ur car done so far?
              sigpic

Comment

i guess its is 200+ by now

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
                  I was told that it is not available and that u would have to contact Abu Dhabi Motors or AGMC to get it for you. Contact Marwan from Central auto parts, the guys have his number, I'm sorry but I don't.

The situation u r describing happened to me the first time, exactly the same. I drove to Al Ain to check out the course for the HPDS and the car was parked, as soon as I came back to it the light was on... since then the car has these hissy fits where the light comes on and it sometimes goes into neutral.

how many km has ur car done so far?
                  it is 180K...

So mohamed, what do you advice me now..as long as the car is running fine..to drive it normally?
                  sigpic

Comment

who is mohamed, the only 2 people replyinh its me ahmed kanso and ahmad al khalil :D

Comment

Originally posted by akanso View Post
                      who is mohamed, the only 2 people replyinh its me ahmed kanso and ahmad al khalil :D
                      3ala raseh abou hmeed
                      sigpic

Comment

i recommend to change the relay and keep driving normally, wait and check what replies would u get too, good luck

Comment

Im with Kanso... for the time being just just drive it around and keep an eye on it, just to know what aggrevates the pump and when. In either case, ur car is pushing for the second pump sometime soon so its pretty normal to start going crazy!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

180k on the original pump is great and you should be happy it survived all that.......but its on the way out now so i'd say change the relay for now and order a new pump as it will take about 2 weeks to get here from germany...
                            sigpic
                            iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                            Falcons Garage
                            Carbotech

Comment

WHAAAAAT?! 180k on the original pump?! mashallah!!!! that is one pampered and extremely effective pump... mashallah!

we're struggling to hit the 100k!!! hehe
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X