Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What BMW have to say on the subject of OIL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ///power View Post
    The dealership in Saudi Arabia only sells Edge sport! I used to use TWS in the US and after switching to Edge Sport, I noticed that oil temperature is higher than what it used to be when driving aggressively and around the track!
    Where do you track your car?

Originally posted by SSense View Post
    If TWS was any normal synthetic oil then they wouldnt mention on their packing, 'Specially recommended for M Engines, M3, M5, M6 etc...' Im sure it was tested by experts and since it stands out than the other synthetic oils, IT IS the recommended one..
    Ali, if TWS was that good, don't you think that Porsche, Mercedes, and other manufacturers would also recommend it?
    We all know that Castrol developed TWS for BMW M engines, and That's why it is recommend. But I don't honestly believe that using another brand will affect your motor as long as you change it often.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
    Schrick cams
    Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
    Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
    KW Coilovers V3
    WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
      Ali, if TWS was that good, don't you think that Porsche, Mercedes, and other manufacturers would also recommend it?
      We all know that Castrol developed TWS for BMW M engines, and That's why it is recommend. But I don't honestly believe that using another brand will affect your motor as long as you change it often.
      Honestly alquazi, after reading so many arguements and seeing millions of oil threads, TWS gives me peace of mind :D

Comment

as a non-bimmer i would like u guys to give me a brief about wat happens if u use another oil than the TWS? i mean wat do ppl warn u about if u use other oil brands?
        i feel it is just sponsor compliment between BMW and castrol :evil:
        I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

I havent tried any other oil apart from TWS until now, so i havent experience the worse case scenarios until now..

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
            Honestly alquazi, after reading so many arguements and seeing millions of oil threads, TWS gives me peace of mind :D
            Me too. They have us programed :)
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
            Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
            Schrick cams
            Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
            Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
            KW Coilovers V3
            WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X