Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSC and Flat Tire Lights came On

Dear Pro's

I dont know why when i leave my car parked for sometime (2 weeks to 1 month), she welcomes me with a problem..as she is angry and sad from me..

previous time i left her about 2 weeks,SMG yellow led came ON, and everything was normal..SHAK replaced the Relay, everything went fine..

This time, she welcomed me with DSC coming ON..here is the details..

the first few seconds you move the car, you will see DSC lights blinking (as if you are drifting), if you push the brakes, you will hear Cracking sound. then the DSC light will go ON, the first place you will stop (Signal light)..the Flat tire will come ON...

I have read on the internet, to find many people facing the same problem, and they are saying that Flat Tire light ON due to SMG malfunction.

Many mentioned about the Speed Sensor…

Last point: once I had replaced a sensor called: ABS, Pulse Generator senor, part Number: 34521164652..is that the Speed sensor???

Waiting your comments about what may be the cause, and how I should rectify it

Thanks
    sigpic

yup! speed sensor it is :).... most probably :)
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

where is the speed sensor location? can you give me the part number?
      sigpic

Comment

the dsc is blinks on and off?! or it stays lit?

Comment

the first few seconds it Blinks On and Off (as if you are drifting)..then it Lit On all the time..
          sigpic

Comment

make sure you level the tire pressure first, reset the module from the button on your console. then drive again. if it blinks again then as wazif said.

Comment

Oki..i will do..
              But tell me, where is the speed sensor located..and what is the part number..
              sigpic

Comment

not sure bout the part number....located in the front right wheel well... (not sure though) correct me if i am wrong guys...
                Current
                E92 M3 - Mineral White
                F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                E36 318is
                E39 540i ///M sport
                VW CC
                E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Is the car an E46M3 ? If so, what model year is it ?
                  sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                  Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                  LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                  P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                  Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

2005 e46 M3 i believe....
                    Current
                    E92 M3 - Mineral White
                    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                    E36 318is
                    E39 540i ///M sport
                    VW CC
                    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Comment

if it is a wheel sensor it should affect ABS, and throw a warning "ABS" light but i donot think it is a wheel sensor
                        i think it is some loose connection
                        the cracking sound can be due to brakes getting rusty from long parking and should not cause an issue with DSC
                        I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Updates:
                          Dear mates;
                          i drove yesterday my car to AGMC for inspection, and here was the result: there is a sensor installed under the drivers' seat, called Speed Rotation Sensor, Part Number:34526754289..this should be replaced...

firstly, i felt very happy for the news...a sensor and will be replaced..but the bad news was: the sensor price !!!!!! It will cost you 3000 AED (without discount), and when i called Sentral, they offered for 1850 AED..

I thought of checking the used BMW's, i might be lucky to find one...Unfortunetly, i couldnt find, as this sensor only installed in any 6 Cylinders E46, but the car should be equipped with DSC (Not ASC)..i searched all available, the result was negative...

I used the REALOEM website to check abt the part, and i got to know that this part also installed in the Z3 and Z3M...

Any one can help me?
                          sigpic

Comment

Naseem, bro im checking the part for you, need another day to give you a reply, wait until tomorrow..

Comment

Suggest you take the car to Shak.... before making a decision to change the sensor
                              Current
                              E92 M3 - Mineral White
                              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                              E36 318is
                              E39 540i ///M sport
                              VW CC
                              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
                              X