E46 M3 or 330i....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E46 M3 or 330i....?

Ok...ok...i'am not comparing an M3 to a 330.

-Here is my case..........always loved the shape of a the e46 M3.
    -Have a budget of 90-100K. But after checking around...the only ones in that budget have reached the 90-100K mark.
    maintanence of an M3 that age seems to be expensive.
    -This will be a daily drive.

-So would it wiser to get a 330 or a 335 (did a e46 have a 335?)
    As it would be less complicated with a regular auto?
    Current
    03 e46 M3
    01 Audi RS4 Avant
    07 Jeep SRT8

Past
    05 e46 M3
    00 Audi S6 Avant
    00 GTI VR6
    04 R32
    08 GTI
    94 Corrado VR6
    04 BMW 528i
    94 Bmw 318is

100k wont get u a 335 and no the e46 didnt have an N54 engine "35"

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
    Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

330... because you won't know how to drive an SMG

Comment

What do u mean 'wont know ho to drive an SMG'...?

..............are u suppose to have some inborn talent to drive a car with SMG.?
        or are u just special?
        Current
        03 e46 M3
        01 Audi RS4 Avant
        07 Jeep SRT8

Past
        05 e46 M3
        00 Audi S6 Avant
        00 GTI VR6
        04 R32
        08 GTI
        94 Corrado VR6
        04 BMW 528i
        94 Bmw 318is

Comment

Im kind of stuck with the same problem really. it is true you cant find a 335 at a 100k but im sure at around a 130 / 140k you would, and that range is still around the price of an e46 m3. so which one would be the right choice at this point??
          sigpic

Comment

mixture of being special and talented...

Comment

Originally posted by c99193 View Post
              Im kind of stuck with the same problem really. it is true you cant find a 335 at a 100k but im sure at around a 130 / 140k you would, and that range is still around the price of an e46 m3. so which one would be the right choice at this point??
              335i for 130 ? i dunno about that man but maybe.
              I would go for the 335 "since i own 1" :D if u r into smooth power go for it.
              if u like stiffness get the m3

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
              Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Samaj!, Bruno is joking, He is Random X on evolve and im monodose there ;)
                Meskovic
                this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
                  Samaj!, Bruno is joking, He is Random X on evolve and im monodose there ;)
                  :rofl:

samaj i think you already know what you want... the m3 was a car that you wanted to get over 2 years ago. but instead opted for a gti and a mustang.

i hope this time you go with an M3.

Comment

Samaj,

Bruno is also dxb330 on E46fanatics!
                    Meskovic
                    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Ok...........if its guys from the evolve forum. :grouphug:
                      Current
                      03 e46 M3
                      01 Audi RS4 Avant
                      07 Jeep SRT8

Past
                      05 e46 M3
                      00 Audi S6 Avant
                      00 GTI VR6
                      04 R32
                      08 GTI
                      94 Corrado VR6
                      04 BMW 528i
                      94 Bmw 318is

Comment

I would say buy an M3 cause simply I know you wont leave the car alone, and I would love to see how it would look like after you work some love on it!
                        Meskovic

Comment

IMO, an E46 330 shouldn't cost more that 50k even if it were like new.. also it's hard to find a clean E46 M3 these days so be careful :)

i'd look for an E92 325 for example which gives you a a new technology with the new shape and the performance of the E46 330.. or if you wanna increase the budget go for an E92 335, but that'll be like 130-150k for a clean one.

P.S. if you don't mind driving a 2 seater take my bro's Z4 Coupe :D http://bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3049

BMW history:
                          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Wirelessly posted (AK47's Blackberry: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.199 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

After driving an M3 I can never get anything less, saying that an M3 is a daily driver and an animal at the same time... Depends on ur driving. As far as maintainence goes, the M3 isn't exactly the cheapest :D
                            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                              mixture of being special and talented...
                              :laughhard: :laughhard: !!!
                              sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                              E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                              E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                              E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X