BMW Dealer Quotations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naseem80 View Post
    By the way..15 month before, i did replaced Flywheel and Clutch for my M3..i did ordered LUK..

Tell now (more than 25 K driven)..clutch is in a brandnew condition..
    but it depends on your useage :welcome2:

Comment

Originally posted by Bashar M. View Post
      Guys you are gonna love this,

E39 M5 2003....

Flywheel -----guess how much-----9188 dhs :rofl:

Other online source 700$ = 2576 dhs (figure a 1000dhs for shipping)

I can buy a UUC V12 clutch kit for less than the price of the flywheel alone....or i can go CNC racing with a light dual mass flywheel and have a rattle free light weight clutch kit.

and FYI, Abu Dahbi Motors raised their spare parts prices by 8%

I dont know what they are thinking??!!
      bashar i was looking at the service history of my car and the clutch and flywheel averaged 2500+3700 respectively

from agmc, tony edwards, and AD motors.

it's been changed 4 times on my car lol 180,000 KMs FTW!

Comment

yup but call now and check with them stealers and ull see that AD will charge (after discount) 5700 for the flywheel and 2000 for the clutch kit.....AGMC 6170 for flywheel and 2100 for clutch kit....

I found a source for LUK here in UAE and ill be contacting them tomorrow. LUK are the ones who actually invented the dual mass flywheel and supply them to BMW and their clutchs (and sachs) are used by BMW as an OEM parts.

So running a LUK clutch and flywheel would just like placing OEM parts but with 1/4 of the stealer price...... and ill be DIYing so ill be saving the labor money yuppeee :D
        sigpic
        iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
        Falcons Garage
        Carbotech

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but this LUK ! Apart from the flywheel and the clutch, do they supply other parts too

Comment

they actually do.... but all related to transmissions google them out ;)
            sigpic
            iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
            Falcons Garage
            Carbotech

Comment

ok guys good news :D

found clutch and flywheel for cheap....

LUK clutch going for 1000 dhs and.....wait for it.... OEM flywheel for....2700 dhs :rofl:

Man i love good connections :D
              sigpic
              iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
              Falcons Garage
              Carbotech

Comment

CRAP! I paid 1800 for my OEM clutch kit :( aah well... it was still cheaper than retail price
                sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bashar M. View Post
                  ok guys good news :D

found clutch and flywheel for cheap....

LUK clutch going for 1000 dhs and.....wait for it.... OEM flywheel for....2700 dhs :rofl:

Man i love good connections :D

Long live BUSH:bow::E30Cabrio:

You make:allhappy:
                  Bush do:ebay:then:scifigun: the stealers, and tell them:hay:
                  To leave the world far behind...
                  sigpic
                  ////\/\
                  IS THE ANSWER

Comment

Guy's not trying to spoil it out (LUK) but here what i read about it in UUC website

Many E46 M3 owners have experienced mushy clutch feel, inconsistent engagement, and premature wear of the clutch in their manual-transmission cars. The reason is quite simple - the original BMW (LUK-manufactured) clutch in the E46 M3 has a new "SAC" (Self Adjusting Clutch) design. This new mechanism built into the clutch pressure plate is supposed to keep the clutch pedal engagement point the same as the clutch wears... but in all reality, it's a case of "an answer to a question that nobody was asking." They have added a layer of complexity and feedback isolation, filling a need that didn't need filling - it is not too often that anybody notices that their clutch engagement point as moved 1/2" over 50K miles.

The SAC mechanism itself causes problems; it over- or under-adjusts the pressure plate and therefore causes the clutch to slip or burn out prematurely. They are also known to shift, causing the pressure plate release fingers to slip off the plate, keeping 1/3 of the pressure plate engaged at all times. Bottom line is that the only fix is a complete clutch job, and your dealer is likely to claim "driver abuse". We have seen it happen too many times.

The SAC mechanism may not give a clean release like a standard clutch. Instead of just two sets of springs, there is an adjuster mechanism that makes engagement feel mushy or slow.

just to add more info about it

Comment

But that's about the E46 M3 ( Which could be SMG )... right ? :)
                      sigpic
                      07' HFP Accord | Current
                      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Originally posted by M_Powerholic View Post
                        But that's about the E46 M3 ( Which could be SMG )... right ? :)
                        Well the LUK-manufactured all BMW's Clutches specially E36,E46 Models

those info applies for BOTH SMG and Manual

Comment

Thanks for the info !
                          sigpic
                          07' HFP Accord | Current
                          HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Working...
                          X