Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tire question (Z3 coupe)

hi guys .. just a quick question :

does it make a difference having 2 different makes/brands of tires on the car ? i need to change my front tires .. the rear are still alright ... but i dont wanna go with the make that i currently have (MARANGONI). will this adversely affect the drive/feel of the car ? (i know its a no no on bikes ... when i had a gixxer i always either changed both or stayed w michelins ) as for car, i'm thinking not really .. especially considering the fact that i dont track the car .. and really max out around 160km/hr on the hwy .. so ? what do the experts say ?

as for tires .. any recommendations ? something around the 500dhs mark or less !! i found YOKOHAMA C-drive for 500/tire @ musaffa are .. you think its alright ?

thnx

Changing one side only everytime will get you in a loophole that will never end. I'd bite the bullet and change both sides together.

Comment

2 fronts andback should be identical... but it's advisable to have 4 new all around

Comment

What's the age of the rear tires?

I have changed to Nitto (INVO) all tires 275/35 R18, 235/40 R18, they are made in Japan and really the car so stable on the way specially on very high speeds you feel the car stuck on ground. I saw these tires on Corvette Z06 they used there 345/30 rear tires!

I don't think it will make problem if you change only front tires, by the way, you change the front, if you feel any problem while dirving, go and change the rear ones :)

What are the sizes of your tires?

Comment

you might not really feel a problem, but one of the concerns i'd say is the braking... different tires with different grip will affect the way your ABS works so it's a safety issue AFAIK :(

BMW history:
          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

im with Ayham, Bruno & Haissam about wht they said, usualy keep all 4 tires with same brand, performance wise and looking wise (for most of ppl). in my opinion, wht ever the brand it is, it should all same.

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
            E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

thnx for all the help guys! i decided to take the cheap route ... changed only the 2 fronts ... but i actually put them on the rear .. so brand new rubber in the back!! the car feels ok ... not much noticeable difference. i'm driving to dubai in a few hrs .. we'll see how it feels at speed.

thnx again

ps went w the YOKOHAMAs .. C-drive 225/45-17's for 500AED/tire

Comment

i think you should've installed the new ones up front..

but anyway just save another 1000 & buy a new set for the front in a couple months!

BMW history:
                07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Working...
                X