Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What car to buy??

Hi Guys

Most of you know that i sold my E46 M3 and now i'm looking to buy another car.

I want a 4 door - automatic transmission reasonably quick car

I might consider one of the following

1. 2008-2009 Golf R32......Price is good but a bit too small

2. 2007-2008 BMW E90 335i ....Perfect car but they're not easy to find neither cheap for a 2-3 years old car

3. Brand new EVO X ....i keep convincing myself that i can get an automatic evo X and call it a day, its a 4 door sedan after all and it comes with an automatic transmission as well. i.e i can convince the misses that its a FAMILY car :)

4. Lexus IS300....very smooth and reasonably quick car, i like that its a rear wheel drive and no other car can beat this one from the inside, its just amazing.

5. I saw a 2008 535i on dubizzle for 80,000 AED!!! they claim it has around 5,700 km on its clock! is that too good to be true? but its a manual! and i bet its american specs as well, i don't mind american specs but i just had a very hard time selling my car coz it was manual..i don't know.

6. Be wise and get a 2005 330i sedan and save my money! i know that 330i sedans are hard to find.

so what do u think??
    sigpic

I have to be honest here and say that the Lexus IS300 is one of the BEST cars I have ever driven! it is simply AMAZING!!! :drool: after the M3... it is the second car I most used to look forward to driving... a word of caution though Luay, the back seat is a little tighter than most other 4 door cars

otherwise, value for money and reliability... NOTHING can beat it!

If u're looking for an R32 ask Ayham or Ayman about their brother's car... definitely the cleanest one around!

I actually want to buy the Lexus for wifey... that's how much I love the damn thing :)
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Ahmad's VW R32 :

http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2839
      sigpic
      07' HFP Accord | Current
      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Ahmad's R32 is worth it, he waited for around 6 months to get that blue colour plus its too clean..

By any chance if you're interested in an E60 535i, Auto Trans and American Specs, Blue colour then let me know, there's one on its way from states.. All in all, the choices you've made are great but if you want a family car then 535i is the way to go, i believe its more spacious than any IS300 or an Evo.. Plus the 535i comes with a TT, which means easy to mod, get a stage III tuning and 60 hp is the way to go

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
          Ahmad's R32 is worth it, he waited for around 6 months to get that blue colour plus its too clean..

By any chance if you're interested in an E60 535i, Auto Trans and American Specs, Blue colour then let me know, there's one on its way from states.. All in all, the choices you've made are great but if you want a family car then 535i is the way to go, i believe its more spacious than any IS300 or an Evo.. Plus the 535i comes with a TT, which means easy to mod, get a stage III tuning and 60 hp is the way to go
          Ali,

Can you give me some more info about this 535 such as milage, year model & expected price?
          For some reason i believe that 90% of imported american cars are scam in a way or another, i saw how dealers reduce milage and do other stuff in the US.
          Last edited by Luay; 26-11-2009, 07:57 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Sure Luay, ill get you more info in a couple of days..

Comment

Guys

any1 tried an EVO X before? i passed by the dealer today and i simply fell in love with it.

Can it be considered as a daily drive? or is it too harsh?

The Lexus is300 is a bit too expensive when its brand new and honestly i didn't like the attitude of the sales guys in al futtaim showroom.
              sigpic

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

You can Mr. Raad ( aka Pirelli ), he tried them a while ago ! :)
                sigpic
                07' HFP Accord | Current
                HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

An Evo X would make a good daily drive car....specially with the SST gearbox :)

I found it to be a bit softer compared to the previous evos and much more civilized.
                  sigpic
                  iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                  Falcons Garage
                  Carbotech

Comment

You will always compare whatever car u get to the M3, nothing will win, the best thing to do is change the category, get a 4x4 ;)
                    Meskovic
                    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
                      You will always compare whatever car u get to the M3, nothing will win, the best thing to do is change the category, get a 4x4 ;)
                      +1

thats what i did

Comment

Originally posted by Luay View Post
                        Guys

any1 tried an EVO X before? i passed by the dealer today and i simply fell in love with it.

Can it be considered as a daily drive? or is it too harsh?

The Lexus is300 is a bit too expensive when its brand new and honestly i didn't like the attitude of the sales guys in al futtaim showroom.
                        One of my the guys that I know sold his '08 335i for an Evo X and this came out from his mouth " It's one annoying daily drive car "
                        Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                        Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                        Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                        Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                        1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                        Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                        eMail:
                        Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
                          One of my the guys that I know sold his '08 335i for an Evo X and this came out from his mouth " It's one annoying daily drive car "
                          I wouldnt do that, i prefer the 335i on the EVO X as a daily driver but comparing brand new to 2-3 old for same price..that makes a difference!

I would love to buy a 08 335i but they're extremely hard to find and overpriced as well.
                          sigpic

Comment

Dude, get an Imola Red E93 330i ... :drool: keep looking !
                            Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                            Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                            Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                            Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                            1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                            Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                            eMail:
                            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

i'd take the Evo X :D

the fully loaded one with the proper screen/navi etc ;)

BMW history:
                              07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Working...
                              X