Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! PLEASE!

Hello all Bimmer fans!

So i bought an e46 330i with hartge tuning, manual transmission, thing is, while i change gears from 1st to 2nd or from 2nd to 3rd, i get this kind of crunchy feeling while moving the stick shift and putting it into the desire gear, not always though. I was recommended an transmission fluid change. And one more thing, how can i tell if my clutch needs replacement?

Car info:
    E46 2003 330i
    104,000 kms
    Gear oil has not been changed before.

Thanks alot people!! take care and i really appreciate your help.
    Last edited by hamoodi_7; 11-12-2009, 07:15 PM.

Past Ride: E39 530i
    Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
    Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

oil and clutch to be changed......:)

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by hamoodi_7 View Post
      Hello all Bimmer fans!

And one more thing, how can i tell if my clutch needs replacement?

Hello , Fluid is long life, but if its old then you must replace it,

its either your clutch , or bleeding your car pedal

for the QA above, put the Gear in 5 and try to drive it

if it stops then your clutch is good

if still you can drive it then your clutch is a replacable item

again this is not 100% trick but to give you an idea how health is your clutch

Best way to test clutch is to open gear nd see it

Cheers man

Comment

do the gears pop out of it's place?

do you mean grinding? not a good sign

Comment

thanks eoudeh and MR.E36I for the advise. greatly appreciate it.

well, could explain the meaning of pop in this context? and well, its not that theyre grinding, its just that when i put the gear in place, there is a slight hint of friction. thats all. Thanks again guys!!!

Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

wat bruno meant by "pop out of its place" is that u engage a gear then the car goes to neutral and the stick jumps back to neutral position

from wat u said i think u get crunchy sound in the moment of engagement this means change your oil, if the problem is still there your synchros are bad, but donot panic noisy gearboxes can live for years
            lets not jump to results, change your oil and inform us of the status after that
            I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

i see, thanks mahmoud_bedwi, but there is no sound at all when i engage the gears and the gear does not pop out of place by itself, its never happened. Anyway, ill get the oil changed and come back for feedback.
              Any idea of the price of oil? and its labor charges? thanks alot ppl!!

Comment

so u get no sound!!!!!!!
                this changes the whole story, just change the oil and i am optimistic that it is going to b solved after the oil change, good luck (if it didn't disappear then shift linkage might need greasing)
                I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

thats comforting news! thanks, what about the price, brand, charges of replacing the oil?? approximately?

Comment

its ur clutch

Comment

So its not the oil? And how much does a clutch cost?

Comment

should be around AED 1000 for the whole clutch kit... give or take a little!
                        sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.247 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

You have to change the oil first... If it solves it then u are good to go if not, prepare to spend 2500 including labor for everything.

Comment

Hmm, thats quite the money! Anyways, Thanks guys! Really appreciate the help :D:D

Comment

Working...
                            X