Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best option???

Hello,

Just curious about the best option for an In-Dash Monitor for my E46 M3?

Now I dont like the fact that buying this new screen means losing the factory look! However i need to change the head unit for many reasons like better sound, i need the space (thats why in-dash, as in the ones that come out and flip) for a toy i will be installing within that area ;)

So i'm looking for a head unit that has no lights or discreet look (when closed i guess) so that its not soooo obvious that i have an after market head unit!

Any new technologies i should look for in thise monitors? Is 7" the size to get?

Any info and feedback would be appreciated :)

sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

did u had navi system? if u had ....to find douple din head unit ll not plug and play issue .......coz i was searching for years for that issue ....its not worth to modify the condenser behind it.

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

i found this while ago and im searching on E46fanatics for the person who installed and waiting the feed back :)
      http://www.dabears2k.com/product_inf...roducts_id=298
      http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ght=din&page=9
      Last edited by eoudeh; 27-12-2009, 05:26 PM.

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

You want to replace the head unit for better sound, am i right

Comment

i think yeah Ali, in this case its better to go for BSW upgrade stage I and the amplifier upgrade :)
          http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.247 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Alpine is the best alternative

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
              i found this while ago and im searching on E46fanatics for the person who installed and waiting the feed back :)
              http://www.dabears2k.com/product_inf...roducts_id=298
              http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ght=din&page=9
              Daaaamn those are nice!!!

Well guys, its not that i want to get technical into what sound system to get. I'm more interested in what head unit to buy. And i'm looking for the screens that come out, in dash, is that what they are called??? I need to split the space of the current OEM screen to place 2 items = the new monitor + something else :) lol

something like this....

http://image.caraudiomag.com/f/93375...3+interior.jpg
              sigpic
              Audi R8 - White / Blk
              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.247 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Mohanad look into alpine they are mainly for bmws... U will find it difficut to wire any other brand except for alpines which are bmw oriented

Comment

If you want to replace the OEM in-dash monitor, then go with something like Alpine which wont get you complicated when installing, please dont go for aftermarket ones like kenwood jvc or sonashi pls..

But Muhannad i still didnt get the point why you want to do this

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                    But Muhannad i still didnt get the point why you want to do this
                    mam7oon

:rofl: i'm joking man

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                      Daaaamn those are nice!!!

Well guys, its not that i want to get technical into what sound system to get. I'm more interested in what head unit to buy. And i'm looking for the screens that come out, in dash, is that what they are called??? I need to split the space of the current OEM screen to place 2 items = the new monitor + something else :) lol

something like this....

http://image.caraudiomag.com/f/93375...3+interior.jpg
                      Muhannad...if u ll installed indash monitor head unit when its open it ll close the AC ducts outlet which u dont want it specialy with Kuwait weather in summer :) but if u ll install it in place of the AC control panel, then u need to relocate the AC control down with OEM part which is available for as i belive 20 KD in Ali AL ghanim. and im wondering wht u wana provide else :) ..... :hmm:

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      mam7oon

lol at you Bruno :taser:

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                        mam7oon

Lolllllllllll Bruno! last thing I expected to hear! :rofl: However somewhat true to the fact that i want a change from the inside! haha! I have no navigation in my car + i want better sound quality + extra space for a toy :neener:

I guess i will look into alpine, and i did think of the fact that having the monitor flip open will block AC opening.....Thanks!
                        sigpic
                        Audi R8 - White / Blk
                        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

One more thing....

Anyway to make the steering buttons still work on a new head unit??? :(
                          sigpic
                          Audi R8 - White / Blk
                          Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

b4 u bought any head unit be sure with the technician that the steering wheel puttons ll remain active .....its matter of wiring connections. and good luck, update us with photos if its possible specialy the toy :)

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                              i want better sound quality + extra space for a toy :neener:
                              For that you need to replace your stock speakers, you wont even lose your extra space.. Head unit wont do much, infact it wont comply with your stock amplifier, resulting in losing the good sound quality you currently have..

My 2 fils :)

Comment

Working...
                              X