Help Needed E39

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Needed E39

During the KalBa Drive, A few members noticed some blue smoke comming out of my exhaust. Well there would be several reasons on what might be causing this BUT i really want to get it fixed ASAP before it gets worse.

Kindly help me regarding this matter, Since this my First BMW so i dont know abt much Service shops in UAE, i could take it to the dealer but i am sure they will rip me off...

Kindly HELP !!!
    sigpic

Blue smoke usually indicates your car is burning oil, first question, what oil are you using

Comment

Regardless....Piston rings on the S62 are prone to leaking oil, I would start there.

Do you have over heating issues as well??

Comment

No i do not have heating problems.

But one more thing, There is some Weird smell coming out of the tails pipes as well kinda of burning but its not that of oil burning.
        sigpic

Comment

BLACK Smoke under hard acceleration = un-burnt fuel
          BLUE smoke under hard acceleration = burning oil/oil blow bye

i read somewehere that the valve guides cause the blue smoke to show up

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

The smoke I saw was blue...regarding the smell, if u haven't decat ur car, then it's most like the oil smell

Comment

Well i searched about this issue on the net also and found that Oil Burning for this engine is normal and would do so on hard accerlations and i assume my car smoked while on the hills.

Would that be considered normal than....

But again Blue Smoke is always scary.
              sigpic

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

I wouldn't rule it out as normal. We've had M5s in all our drives and races without any one with blue smoke.

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.247 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Mine had black smoke... I'm overhauling the engine now in bahrain will post thread in that regards showing the damage. Mine was also drinking oil and was bad on fuel consumption.

Comment

So which service shop should i take it to to get it properly checked and serviced then ?
                    sigpic

Comment

Get a compression check to rule the blow by or leaky piston rings possibility out.
                      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                        Get a compression check to rule the blow by or leaky piston rings possibility out.
                        +1

standart s62 gives 12-14 bars as far as i remenber, we need to check

when i got my s62 comp checked at MTM garage it was all more than 15, only one of them was 14 which is the cylinder initiates the combustion

it is worh trying

what is ur oil consumption btw? more than a liter per 1000km???

Comment

what year is your beast and how many miles are on it?
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                          Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                          Schrick cams
                          Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                          Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                          KW Coilovers V3
                          WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
                            what year is your beast and how many miles are on it?
                            2003 with 140K on the clock..

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                              2003 with 140K on the clock..
                              Then blue smoke is NOT normal. What oil are you using? How often do you change oil? How often do you add oil?
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                              Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                              Schrick cams
                              Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                              Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                              KW Coilovers V3
                              WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X