E30 M3 throttle body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 M3 throttle body

heyy guys!! i was just wondering if anyone knows if the E30 M3 throttle body would fit in M44 engine...??
    and does anyone know where can i find one anyway...?
    sigpic
    Previous Ride: E30 325i convertible
    Current Ride: E36/7 Z3
    Matt Black Grille | Straight down pipe

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

I don't think so...would be worth checking, but I don't think so.

What are you looking for from doing this? Throttle response? There are other ways.

Comment

yea.. throttle response is my main aim.. and am trying to figure out if the E30 325 3.71 LSD would fit on my z3... can you tell me the other way???
      wana get more hp from my 1.9 z3.. its hard since its NA..

anyway thanks ayham...
      sigpic

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Ama be blunt :) been there done that....ur cheapest power upgrade is an engine transplant.

Back to the M44 engine, a good service and aftermarket cams would direct you in that direction. But headwork and parts are always expensive, hence the first option; engine swap. And no the E30 diff is not a straight bolt on due to different diff housing and subframe design. But I can double check it for you.

Comment

well i noticed it has a different subframe...but i heard tht they can remove the inside parts of the LSD and put them in the frame of my diff...I dont know if tht is possible, but it would be a good upgrade for my car...and about the engine transplant, wat engine would fit in my car?
          sigpic

Comment

Yes you could remove the LSD from its housing into a new one...sorry I should've been clearer, I was referring to the whole assembly.

I'd throw an M52 in there alongside the LSD, but I'd fortify the chassis like crazy since the roadster is less than perfect in terms of stress transfer.
            Last edited by Ayham; 08-02-2010, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X