Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about CF cloth wrapping...

Hi all,

I'm about to use my Cf cloth for the first time. Its the same CF cloth bought with the "group buy". I have 2 questions in mind:

(1) for those who have installed it since then, how durable is it? Does it wear out quickly? I just want to know if its worth doing. I know its looks beautiful when freshly done and new.

(2) my friend tried out one piece of the trim, but the place that did the wrapping used that yellow looking glue and on the back of the trim piece u can see glue marks all over and smells like glue all over, lollll is that how its done with glue? and if yes, any specific kind of glue? is that generic glue used by most interior places okay?

Any input and pic would be appreciated :thanks2:
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

How about you ship your trim pieces to AD and have the guys send it to where they have done it? Better than risking your rolls and trim IMHO.

Comment

SSense has his done and mashallah they look stunning... feel as good as new, but then again Ali does take great care of his baby :D mashallah

I agree with Ayham... it's worth sending them to AD to the same guy!
      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.247 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Whne I go to bahrain I'll pick them and hand them to ali. But I don't know how or when I would possibly travel to bahrain
        Last edited by Bruno; 14-02-2010, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
          Hi all,

I'm about to use my Cf cloth for the first time. Its the same CF cloth bought with the "group buy". I have 2 questions in mind:

(1) for those who have installed it since then, how durable is it? Does it wear out quickly? I just want to know if its worth doing. I know its looks beautiful when freshly done and new.

it should be wrapped slowly and using hot air

(2) my friend tried out one piece of the trim, but the place that did the wrapping used that yellow looking glue and on the back of the trim piece u can see glue marks all over and smells like glue all over, lollll is that how its done with glue? and if yes, any specific kind of glue? is that generic glue used by most interior places okay?

there is special glue should be supplied with it not that yellow looool
          also other coating material to gibe it that freshly look

good luck

Any input and pic would be appreciated :thanks2:
          Originally posted by Bruno View Post
          Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.247 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Whne I go to bahrain I'll pick them and hand them to ali. But I don't know how or when I would possibly travel to bahrain
          How :- By airplane :DD
          When :- When I finish your M5 work:D:D:D :hide2:

Comment

I honestly feel if its wrapped properly with the right glue and the right hands, this thing will not easily peel off, if taken well care of.. There are millions of glues in the market, so I cant tell which one was used on my car, but as Ayham mentioned, ship the parts you want to wrap with the cloth, we'll get it wrapped all well within one week hopefully..

And thanks Bu7maid ;)

Comment

I was told to use this 3M spray glue #77.

What about the durability guys? any comments?

I will look around here in Kuwait, if i dont feel comfortable about it, maybe i will ship to Abu Dhabi.

Mr. E36, anyone professional does it in Bahrain? Bruno mentioned someone, who's that?
              sigpic
              Audi R8 - White / Blk
              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

As far as i remember there r some pics already on the forum of wrapped cf interior and honestly it looks neat and sweet,it will for sure require a bit more care and attention but if u think of it go for it! wat type of cloth r u planning to get?
                sigpic

Comment

I and the members who've seen my car can vouch for its durability, not even a scratch, if a good quality glue is used believe me you'll have no problems whatsoever..

Comment

Cool Ssense, i have the same cloth as ordered by the "group buy" here on the forum :)
                    sigpic
                    Audi R8 - White / Blk
                    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Working...
                    X