Very interesting to behold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting to behold!

Alright, so I've been quite free those past few days and have been going through e46 info, mods, diys, you name it. The point is the following:

I have been reading on e46 fanatics forums that a guy swapped his Short Shifter kit (SSK) with one from a Z4!! (same year model) and mentioned that it makes a really big difference without spending more than $100!! that's quite a bargain given that the z4 shifter is OEM and short too.

Secondly, there were quite a few statements regarding differentials that i didn't quite get..For example:

"Ken, I have a manual transmission, I want more peppyness, what are most people swapping into their cars?
    3.38's and 3.46's are very popular to swap into manuals because it yields a difference, and doesn't destroy your gas mileage too badly. You can pull a 3.38 out of a steptronic 330, whereas the more widely available 3.46 (therefore more popular) can come out of a steptronic 325, steptronic 323, steptronic 328, steptronic 3.0 Z4, or manual 2.5 Z4.

Oh noes, I want both my rear tires to do the spinny dance. What if I want an LSD on my non-M? What can I do?
    Either you spend a ton of money to get the M3 rear subframe and fit the 3.62 out of the M into your car, or you spend a ton of money on a custom built diff from Quiafe or Diffsonline. Either way, you're going to spend a ton of money."

Opinions?? thoughts?? Ideas will be VERY appreciated!

Past Ride: E39 530i
    Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
    Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Are you interested to install short shifter? Honestly I do not know if my gear shifter considered as short or long, I see it's middle close to short!

Comment

Working...
    X