X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my smg problem

hi guys

let me tell you my story with my smg :

*EDITED* suddnly the yellow light came showing that there is a problem with the gear and the numbers disappeared check the pic .......

the 1st thing came to my mind is that the clutch is gone and need to be replaced so i orderd the hpf stg2 clutch and thanks for my bro ejaz@0-60motorsports for helping me with the order and thanks also for hpf for the fast shipping and the best customer service.......... :)

i took the car to the mechanic and told him to change the clutch after 2 days he called me telling me that there is a problem with bleeding the smg system............

checkout the videos after starting the car :(
    the smg blinks 2 times then it will hard engage :(

so please if anyone have any idea help me with fixing my car

thanks

nawaf
    Last edited by RAFiK; 17-03-2010, 10:55 AM. Reason: Edited
    1993 BMW E36 ///M3 [FOR SALE]
    2000 BMW E39 ///M5 [FOR SALE]
    2002 BMW HPF stg2 E46 ///M3
    2006 Evolution iX 700+rwhp [FOR SALE]
    2007 PORSCHE Turbo 997 P700
    2012 chevrolet silverado

Im an SMG Hater but im sure I read a similar problem somewhere here on the boards

Im sure you will get a reply by tomorrow
    Meskovic
    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Isn't this a classic symptom of a dead pump? Is the pump showing healthy pressure readout on the GT1?

Comment

its could be the problem with your SMG hyro pump , do the bleeding again.

Comment

it's the pump... get ready to pay 8000 dirhams for it im not sure if the price increased.

and btw we don't endorce street racing :ghey: on this forum

Comment

damn dude... it's the pump for sure! there are many symptons for it's demise and this sounds like one of them! mine kept going into neutral as I came to a stop at a traffic light for example. As soon as the car heats up a little that BASTARD icon pops up and the car starts to miss shifts both up and down shifts towards the end.

Tried to fix a whole bunch of things on the pump but nothing worked... hopefully Shak will be able to fix this pump in the future without having to shell out those pesky AED8,000.

oh and GT1 never detected there was a problem with my SMG pump... it used to read 100% pressure... no idea!
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Did your mechanic use 'FUNCTION SELECT" within GT1 to check the gear position sensor test?

The wiring gets dislogled when working around the gearbox area common fault,so check the gear position sensor plug and its wiring?

By following the function select test aplications should be easy to pin-point the actual cause ?

You need to know how the Gt1 works 100% and its expert test features.

Let me know whats been done on the car in terms of GT1 ?
              Last edited by Shak; 17-03-2010, 10:44 AM.

Comment

first post is edited, street racing is illegal and wont be accepted in any way on our forums ..

Regarding your post, did it blink while revving ? or right after a gear change .. you could have broken your clutch slave cylinder or the fork that holds the clutch (these are racing-related or track-related issues) in GT1 there is a bleeding option for the slave cylinder it self .. do that.

other than that, god help you with a new pump ..
                Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                eMail:
                Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

sorry guys about the street racing
                  i will check all the things that u all told me about and i will let u know
                  1st the gear position sensor
                  i hope its not the hydrolic pump coz if it is i will start cry from now :(
                  1993 BMW E36 ///M3 [FOR SALE]
                  2000 BMW E39 ///M5 [FOR SALE]
                  2002 BMW HPF stg2 E46 ///M3
                  2006 Evolution iX 700+rwhp [FOR SALE]
                  2007 PORSCHE Turbo 997 P700
                  2012 chevrolet silverado

Comment

SMG pumps seem to be as big hassle as HPFP on e9X!!!!
                    good luck bro with ur ride!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X