Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3 Review - Videos & Questions

My 1st thoughts :

- It's an eye grabber I noticed this every where I go.
    - I don't think I need to change any thing for 1 yr at least.
    - When my friend was with me he told me (Abdullah you always like high tech/power/cars.. well now you have the full package.. I totally agree with him.
    - The drive is so enjoyable I don't want to go home.
    - The power button REALLY makes a difference.
    - I almost raced an M5 but I was calming my self & changed streets to avoid him.
    - The clutch needs around 1200 miles/2000 km to give you full performance so you must be careful during break-in.
    - I liked that I have a sticker telling me break-in instruction.. it says :
    * Up to 1200m/2000km - No full throttle/max engine speed 5500rpm/max speed 106m 170km.
    * Up to 3100m/5000km - max constant speed 137m 220km/max speed only for short periods.
    - Although I forgot to order the Ipod usb option, I told the dealer later & was lucky to get it.. the thing is that I used the flash mem with some tracks & it worked perfectly.. but the ipod just keeps disconnecting & I don't have any idea why. BTW when you use the usb with flash or ipod don't worry if it does not work right away.. just wait for it as it needs time to read all the tracks info.
    - This is a thing I really wanted to try.. I created a DVD with mp3 files & used the nav player ..it worked.. it really worked.. that means you can create DVD mp3 CD's
    - The dealer told me that the NAV is 3D. I'll have the CD next week I can't wait to try it.
    - The DCT GearBox is a world of it's own it gives you the feeling/spirit of manual Gear & you enjoy it all the time.. imagine I did not max it yet !!
    - The Seat sides which can be adjusted to hug you is a must for any sport car & you have it as well.
    - Most 3 things with good comments from friends/family are : CF roof - Power - Engine Sound.
    - No Vid/Pic is fair to show how great looking car this is.
    - I like the engine sound speacially when it's cold & I just started it.
    - The car just flies.. even when I'm just breaking-in the car.
    - The car is so agressive I don't think I should really take it very easy during break-in.
    - I have alot to try on the M setting & I have to really get the max out of the correct setting for me.
    - The car is very easy to control , I like the turning angel it makes parallel parking easier.
    - WTH every body wants to drive it.
    - I don't know if it's bad or good to leave it on D & take off youre foot from the break while waiting on the traffic signal ? maybe it affects the clutch ?
    - I like the side mirrors they look great & gives you the needed view.
    - With my current driving I think I'll need lots of break pads !!
    - The shift lights gives you a racing feeling.
    - There is a whistle sound I don't know if it should be there.. but actually I like it.. with it.. it's a track racing car.
    - It was worth every day in the last 5 months I waited for it.

My 1st Launch Control Vid .. too much wheel spin but gives you an idea

[youtube]jJqrtHSd0y0[/youtube]

5000 KM review :

Good:

- Boy oh boy... when I finished the break-in period I just floored it .. the sound .. the kick feeling you get .. & speed is so ... (as my friend said) tingles all ur senses.

- I tried the launch control 3 times.. the 3rd time on 4500.. it was much better.

- M3 is not the most powerful car but M3 is the most amazing driving experience.

- I really like using S5.. the kick & wheel spin you get when changing from 1st to 2nd & from 2nd to 3rd is so enjoyable it makes me drive this way all the time.

- The car consumes lot's of gas.. but if I think again.. it's my agressive driving.. come on the car forces you to drive it this way..

- Be carful when you use S5 setting with power plus/Dynamic DSC.. if you change gear from 1st to 2nd on curve the car could spin.

- I still don't know the best setting for drag racing... if you switch off the DSC there will be lots of wheel spin & u'll be late.. if you put it on dynamic it would delay you..

- When you use S5 instead of D5.. is the car faster ? or it just feels that way ?

- The ipod option is very very very nice.. don't forget to buy the 6fl cable or it will not work correctly.

- As I said before you can create a data MP3 DVD & use it in the Nav player.

- I've been stoped by 9 guys up to now asking me about the car.

- Every time I go out.. every time.. some one wants to race me.

- The double clutch concept attracts every one.

- The car control is so good & makes you want to go faster & faster & faster......

- This is my 1st BMW.. 1st M BMW... 1st Coupe... (it wont be the last)

- 5 of my friends were speachless after a ride with me.

- I wonder is it enough power.. hummmm

- I've seen almost all colors.. I think the aw/red fox is the best combo.

- In TopGear they said M3 owners have no friends.. I'm meeting a new friend almost every week & the reason is the M3.

- The iDrive is not hard to handle ... BUT ... please pay attention to what's in front of you as you could be choosing a track on ur ipod & forget about the road ahead.

- Why do I feel that Kubica have to win every time in F1 ?

- The shifting lights adds to the driving experience..

- The car is cool for low speeds as well.. not just for high speeds.. it's cool & agressive at the same time.

- Is the nav screen always small or can I use it as full screen ?

- Every time I drive the car it feels new .. I don't how to explain this but when I just finished a long drive.. then come home.. then go out again.. it feels that I'm just driving the car.

- If you are not sure you want the DCT option..well think again.. it will be the best option u ever order.

- Don't ever give ur M3 to any one.. in the wrong driver hand it will be a killing machine.

Bad :

- The car stalled when coming to a traffic signal 4 times (not at the same time) .. I still don't know why ?! Imagine if this happens when a truck is coming my way.. u have to change my in name the forum to abbood(dead)

- I hate when some one mistakes my car for 335 ... Grrrrrrr

- The break squeeks...

- Some times a sudden power loose happens.. it feels like the gear is not there.. so I take off my foot & try again it works !!

- Why do I have to pay for the 6fl ipod cable ?

This video to show you DCT shifting speed :

[youtube]AeEAF6vjDIQ[/youtube]

This video is another Launch Control but @4500 rpm :

[youtube]aoaEJ92es8M[/youtube]

Finally a funny vid about the new M3 :

[youtube]-uFp2YsJ580[/youtube]

Ready for all the question :woot:
    Last edited by abbood; 12-08-2008, 08:24 PM.

2008 BMW M3 / White
    2006 Range Rover Sport / Black (sold)
    2004 VW Touareg / Silver (sold)
    2001 Audi A8 / Silver (sold)
    1999 Opel Omega / Silver (sold)
    1998 Lumina LTZ / Maroon (sold)
    1994 Opel Vectra / white (sold)

WoW Abbood! Thats some really interesting post by you, nice write up explaining the tit-bits of your M3 and at the same time posting the videos, I feel i just drove it by looking at the videos and reading your post :yuhoo:
    Wonderful car you've got, the way you're driving shows that you're using it the way its made for using. Sorry to say, but this club doesnt supports any street racing:nono:
    Dude, take care of yourself, cars are metals which can be replaced but humans just cant be replaced.
    Thanks for posting :thanks2:

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
      WoW Abbood! Thats some really interesting post by you, nice write up explaining the tit-bits of your M3 and at the same time posting the videos, I feel i just drove it by looking at the videos and reading your post :yuhoo:
      Wonderful car you've got, the way you're driving shows that you're using it the way its made for using. Sorry to say, but this club doesnt supports any street racing:nono:
      Dude, take care of yourself, cars are metals which can be replaced but humans just cant be replaced.
      Thanks for posting :thanks2:
      Thanks.. just wana say I did not do street racing >> I always do it in a far away empty area..

2008 BMW M3 / White

Comment

Originally posted by abbood View Post
        My 1st thoughts :

- I raced :

* The new skyline GT (he just flew by)
        * 335i (gave me hard time but I got him)
        * SLK 55 (tuned) (very powerful but I gave him hard time)
        * Nissan Patrol (tuned).. (it was so powerful backfires on every gear change.. I gave him hard time)
        See that :) Thats street racing what you mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
          See that :) Thats street racing what you mentioned
          Yaa but not in city streets... :bricks:

2008 BMW M3 / White

Comment

LoLz, cant argue more with you :)
            Racing is legal when its only on the track, anywhere inside or outside the city is illegal, but dont worry you may carry on, nobody here wíll get to know if you dont talk about it :)
            Just remain silent like me ;)

Comment

Really appreciate your feedback, it's very comprehensive and not so technical. Makes it easier for the general mass to digest.

However, and going through your entire post, we would appreciate it if you could edit your post regarding the "kills" you've had so far with the car and the maximum speed you hit. We have no business in telling you how to drive, but it's our duty to not make it public. Please read our rules and regulaitons for a better understanding.

Now, regarding your questions:

- S5 (stands for Sport) does feel faster for several reasons:
              a) It prolongs the RPM redline for every gear
              b) It activates your intake butterflies quicker
              c) It utilizes a more aggresive map

These are 'generic' tricks used by all car manufacturers, a bit more research would probably yeild BMW's own trickery.

- Using your M3 for drag racing is not where it shines! That car belongs on tracks and I hope you'd bring it out to our motorsport events to explore its limits safely and make it much more relative with similar cars and drivers.

Comment

Check our other thread, regarding the Track Day on 20th of August.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                  Really appreciate your feedback, it's very comprehensive and not so technical. Makes it easier for the general mass to digest.

However, and going through your entire post, we would appreciate it if you could edit your post regarding the "kills" you've had so far with the car and the maximum speed you hit. We have no business in telling you how to drive, but it's our duty to not make it public. Please read our rules and regulaitons for a better understanding.

Now, regarding your questions:

- S5 (stands for Sport) does feel faster for several reasons:
                  a) It prolongs the RPM redline for every gear
                  b) It activates your intake butterflies quicker
                  c) It utilizes a more aggresive map

These are 'generic' tricks used by all car manufacturers, a bit more research would probably yeild BMW's own trickery.

- Using your M3 for drag racing is not where it shines! That car belongs on tracks and I hope you'd bring it out to our motorsport events to explore its limits safely and make it much more relative with similar cars and drivers.
                  done
                  Thx for answering the questions

2008 BMW M3 / White

Comment

Thank you :)

Your "Bad" section is alarming to say the least. Your brakes squeak cuz of the pad material; race compounds squeak till they reach operational temperatures. Unless the syndrome is different, please describe it.

The power loss, how and when does it happen? What is your driving style then and at what RPM?

The stalling, is it when your coming to a hault? Or when you're taking off? At what mileage has it happened? Was a sudden trip or some juddering before tripping? And what gear were you at?

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                      Thank you :)

Your "Bad" section is alarming to say the least. Your brakes squeak cuz of the pad material; race compounds squeak till they reach operational temperatures. Unless the syndrome is different, please describe it.

The power loss, how and when does it happen? What is your driving style then and at what RPM?

The stalling, is it when your coming to a hault? Or when you're taking off? At what mileage has it happened? Was a sudden trip or some juddering before tripping? And what gear were you at?
                      The breaks squeaks in different times so I can't say it did not reach the right temp. It's not a fixed thing,..,, it happens in different times and places

The power loss is a common problem in the new M3 as I found.. it happens in low rpms when coming to a hault.. different mileage.. it was sudden.. 1st gear ..& think once on 2nd gear (not sure)

2008 BMW M3 / White

Comment

We'll try and work it out next time we meet...

Comment

wow that's a nice and long review...

i don't know how you are experiencing the powerloss, but for sure you won't have it once you keep your RPMS high. in our e46 M3s the power is mostly felt over 4K RPM and in your case i assume the same. furthermore our cars are seriously weak between 2100~2800 RPM try to research were exactly and in which rpm range is the most powerloss felt in e92 m3s

Nonetheless amazing car yousif test drove one, and i'm sure he could chime in.

Comment

2100 till 3000+ rpm power loss is due to the vanos, breaks squeaking could be from dust
                            ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

cant say nothing but great thread and be careful not to ware out ur clutch cuz its not included in warranty if u knw :D:D ......nice car keep it up n try taking it back for the power loss to the agency ..... cuz u shouldn't face any ..... and then again keep ur craziness to the track :D
                              Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                              Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                              Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                              Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                              1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                              Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                              eMail:
                              Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Working...
                              X