Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Over Heat New Symptoms - Need Help

Dear Bimmer Community,

Today i was driving & Suddenly the Radiator Light Just went ON & then it went away where the Battery Light Bumped ON.. What was so Funny that the Car Over Heated & i couldnt Stop cause i was on a junction the Steering wheel has Been Locked & i just cant Turn it..

To me those are new Stuff..

Please Advise what can i do ?!

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Radiator light?? Or the catalytic converter light? Did your temperature gauge move beyong half point? Where is the car now? Does it start? Did it happen before now? Can you bring it to Das Autoworks?

Comment

You probably ripped your drive belt.
      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
        Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Radiator light?? Or the catalytic converter light? Did your temperature gauge move beyong half point? Where is the car now? Does it start? Did it happen before now? Can you bring it to Das Autoworks?
        its the Yellow light that shows the radiator..
        The Car Starts Normally if i poured Water into the radiator the temp is ok.. but after 2 mins all the water goes down... then the engine over heats again.. it reaches the max !

Steering wheel is just cant be turned..

The Car now is in dubai Near Terminal 3 i cant move it anyway unless i cant just turn the steering wheel

if anyone can help Please Call me on : 050-3664155
        Last edited by Moe'; 26-07-2010, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
          You probably ripped your drive belt.
          i have no Idea !

Comment

+1 to what SSup....your belt is gone.... check underneath the car too...you should see the water leaking out...
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Exactly !

Comment

Yes, your fan belt is cut. Happened to me on a round about in motion - beat that? :P

Project DVS
                Amuse Ericsson Front-end | SRS Rear-end | Facelift Headlights | Facelift Fenders | Facelift Hood with M-Bulge | Side Lamps & Door-guards delete | Bi-Xenons |
                CSL Trunk | Widebody flares with accentuated door flares | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust Setup | Carbotech Brakes | K&N Filter | H&R Cupkit | JL Subs | Alpine Head

Comment

if you are saying after u filled the radiator of the water & all goes down that mean there is problem in the radiator or expansion tank, and maybe the power steering pump belt gone, contact Ayham and send the car to Das Autoworks

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                  E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

+1 to SSup.

Past Ride: E39 530i
                    Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
                    Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

Moe's car has just arrived at the X Centre for the temp problem !

Will give update ASAP !

WATER PUMP BEARING COLLAPSED LEAKING COOLANT,FAN BELT CRACKS,AC BELT CRACKS
                      WILL KNOW MORE AFTER A PRESURE TSEST!
                      Last edited by Shak; 27-07-2010, 04:35 PM.

Comment

torn belt as sswup said

Comment

Ok guy's as I said the water pump bearing on Moe's car had collapsed and threw the belt of all its pully's and all the coolant out from the worn pump bearing.

Old water pump and thermostat removed and new parts fitted with two new "V" belts ,bled system.

Will know more tomorrow after a road test ?

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
                            Ok guy's as I said the water pump bearing on Moe's car had collapsed and threw the belt of all its pully's and all the coolant out from the worn pump bearing.

Old water pump and thermostat removed and new parts fitted with two new "V" belts ,bled system.

Will know more tomorrow after a road test ?
                            Vehicle finished ready for collection! with Sat nav firmware updated to latest Version.

Comment

great job shak, and congrates to Moe' :)

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                              E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Working...
                              X