X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice about buying an M5 or M6...

Dear all,

On behalf of a friend, he is looking at 3 options:

(1) 2006 M5, with 9,000 KM only. Mint condition. Its that silver blue color with red interior. Asking price is about 200,000 AED.

(2) 2008 M5, with 50,000 KM. Excellent condition. White with red interior. Asking price is around 180,000 AED.

(3) An M6 in general. Any difference between the two cars other than size. He is thinking of the M5 cause he is a family man (has one kid). But he is in love with the M6. Who isn't! haha!

I know that the 2008 M5 models have upgraded head and tail lights, plus few changes on the interior, plus they fixed some bugs in software. Anything else to look for?

sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

ll answer you for the M5s, the mileage is low but the prices is too much man..i was in Kuwait few days ago and i went to ali alghanim used car...are these M5s showed there? :) coz i saw some but not sure about the color.
    i saw M6 2008 at Abu dhabi motors with hamann exhaust done only 13,000 Km and the owner was asking for 180,000 AED i dont know how is the market situation in kuwait, also i noticed all the M5s i saw it was not full option (without ventilated/heated seats, leather dashboard)
    Last edited by eoudeh; 22-05-2011, 09:41 AM.

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

I also thought the price was high, but 9,000 KM is so low! it was owned by the son of Ali Al Ghanim (dealership).

One point to mention though is that M5s and M6s are not that common in Kuwait . So they might have a bit of extra value here compared to UAE.

My friend is wondering if there anything to look for before buying an M5? And whether it makes a difference to look for a 2008 instead of a 2006.

Any ideas eoudeh?
      sigpic
      Audi R8 - White / Blk
      Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
        I also thought the price was high, but 9,000 KM is so low! it was owned by the son of Ali Al Ghanim (dealership).

One point to mention though is that M5s and M6s are not that common in Kuwait . So they might have a bit of extra value here compared to UAE.

My friend is wondering if there anything to look for before buying an M5? And whether it makes a difference to look for a 2008 instead of a 2006.

Any ideas eoudeh?
        I would not buy a car that has done 9,000 kms in 5 years. These cars need to be run regularly, otherwise they develop issues.

2006 models are known to have SMG and Vanos problems.

I would definitely go for the 2008 M5 if I had to make the decision.

Get a good Pre Purchse Inspection done beofre the car is bought. I would be most concerned about leaks, SMG Pump, Clutch and Flywheel and Vanos. Control arms and bushings on these cars keep failing regularly, depending on how the car is driven.

Anyone doing a proper PPI should be able to tell how much meat is left on the clutch.
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
          I would not buy a car that has done 9,000 kms in 5 years. These cars need to be run regularly, otherwise they develop issues.

2006 models are known to have SMG and Vanos problems.

I would definitely go for the 2008 M5 if I had to make the decision.

Get a good Pre Purchse Inspection done beofre the car is bought. I would be most concerned about leaks, SMG Pump, Clutch and Flywheel and Vanos. Control arms and bushings on these cars keep failing regularly, depending on how the car is driven.

Anyone doing a proper PPI should be able to tell how much meat is left on the clutch.
          hasan the M5 with 9,000 Km as mohanad said belong to one of the dealer sons and belive me i know how they r taking care of such cars, i ll take it with closed eyes! coz i was working with them and know all the hidden details. mohanad i think its belong to khalid or fahad ;)
          i had 2006 M5 and didnt face any SMG issue, as soon as u maintain the car in proper way..then there ll not be any prob.

i ll vote for the 2006 M5 :D and he need to find some wa9ta to talk to marzouk since he is the one who handle the BMW section...and good luck

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Hmmm kind of true, they do take care of their cars and they are usually fully fully loaded with all options...i havent seen this 2006 M5 but my friend says it looks like its brand new! Not a scratch, even the interior is in mint condition.

He is also in love with a 2007 M6 he saw, it s navy blue and has the vorstiener csl trunk, full exhaust system, lowering springs, performance software upgrade, and carbon fiber parts, with 47,000 KM. Asking for about 200,000, price is negotiable.
            sigpic
            Audi R8 - White / Blk
            Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

the navy blue M6 i think its belong to qti guy in M5board...again i ll vote for the M5 2006 :D

Comment

Yeah its one hell of an M6!

I'm not a fan of 4 door cars, but the M5 is a dream! Its complete sedan.

Guys any more comments on this subject?

Thanks ;)
                sigpic
                Audi R8 - White / Blk
                Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Hmmm kind of true, they do take care of their cars and they are usually fully fully loaded with all options...i havent seen this 2006 M5 but my friend says it looks like its brand new! Not a scratch, even the interior is in mint condition.

He is also in love with a 2007 M6 he saw, it s navy blue and has the vorstiener csl trunk, full exhaust system, lowering springs, performance software upgrade, and carbon fiber parts, with 47,000 KM. Asking for about 200,000, price is negotiable.
                  I think that is Abdullah's car. Its very nice, and well taken care of.

I believe he is looking to buy a P Turbo.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hasan,

Mashallah, you've owned the powerful Alpina B5 and now the beast M6. Which car brings a bigger smile to your face? :)

Is there more to each car than the fize factor? 4 door vs 2 door?

Thanks
                    sigpic
                    Audi R8 - White / Blk
                    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Hasan,

Mashallah, you've owned the powerful Alpina B5 and now the beast M6. Which car brings a bigger smile to your face? :)

Is there more to each car than the fize factor? 4 door vs 2 door?

Thanks
                      Thanks Bro!

Both the cars are two different planets. Entirely different feel and driving experience. If I had the choice I would have kept them both.

The difference is not only the doors.

The Alpina has a mountin of torque just waiting to explode. And the best thing is that the torque curve is rather flat. This means that the explosion lasts for quite a while. You can literally shread your tyres and smoke them even in 4th gear. The power is always there irrespective of gear or engine speed. For instance the Alpina produces 600 NM torque and almost 300 HP at 3000 RPM. The Alpina is the ultimate road runner and cruiser. Its absolutely awesome in city and on highway and especially in traffic. I would love to go to office in the Alpina. The exterior styling is elegant and the performance is not expected of a car that looks so understated. The surprise factor here is enormous.

On the negatives: The Alpina has an open diff. You can get an LSD for it, but its quite expensive. The ZF Triptonic is not half as much fun as the SMG. The car makes an ok sound, but it will not wake up your neighbours. The top speed of 200mph comes at a compromise on ride quality, but you will only feel that over roads that are quite bad.

The ///M on the other hand is a pure monster. But you have to put some effort into getting the best out of it. Let's face it, it is not easy to keep that monster above 4000 RPM when you are driving in the city. Still, its driveability as a daily drive is not bad. However, it will put the biggest smile on your face everytime you push the ///M button. And once you enter the track or a skid pad, nothing else can come close. The V10 makes a sound that would put the ferraris and lambos to shame (with the proper exhaust ofcourse). Also, you cannot deny the fact that the V10 is a very unique engine and the number of cars that come with a V10 is extremely limited. The exterior styling is quite aggressive and yet, not overstated.

On the negatives: Driving in the city with the SMG can be quite annoying at times. Keeping the car at high RPMs is fun but not doable in most circumstances.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hasan, thanks for the descriptions ;)

Sounds like you're in love hahaha with both ladies!

I think it will come down to my friend driving both cars, to get a feel of both, thats when he will decide whether its the coupe or the sedan.

I was hoping to get more input from the forum guys, i mean more technical stuff ;)

Thanks for the info Hasan.
                        Last edited by LSB_M3; 28-05-2011, 02:36 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Audi R8 - White / Blk
                        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

You might want to check this video..
                          http://youtu.be/rPYUQp2EO4o

Comment

Working...
                          X