Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission problems:S plz HELP!

Hi all,
    My transmission works in all modes and gears, but driving like a granny!
    From 1st if I floor it, it fills first nicely, the change to second is sharp and without faults but in second as the revs start to fill the gear seems to pop out and jump into third (as if in a manual car ive put the clutch in and then changed to third.) But when i drive it at half throttle it doesnt happen. I'll try take a video of it happening and post it. I've been told so many things e.g (torque converter, gear plates, throttle management system and to simply purchase a new gearbox haha.) Any advice would be much appreciated as i just dont have the time to go wandering around looking for solutions and bargains!
    97 E38 740iL
    sigpic
    Installed : muffler reduction straight pipes into quad tips from Fox
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7r4p3kIY1E

when it comes to transmission , I advise you to ask an expert to have a look at it ,, believe me , there will be a lot of opinions and ideas about what could be the problem , but you might end up with an faulty O2 sensors which has nothing to do with transmission ..

Take it to Ayham at DAS Autoworks ,, he will more than happy to have a look at it ..

Comment

Thank you Ehssan for the swift response, Just out of curiosity how much does Das charge for an inspection of that sort?
      97 E38 740iL
      sigpic

Comment

To begin with this, I'll give you a simple fact.

Autoamtic gearboxes are not difficult to fix, but difficult to diagnose. Simply because theyre closed boxes. Unlike engines or manual geaboxes which can be diagnosed easily through noise, emissions, more advanced and specific diagnostics and manual mechanical function.

Automatics can only be tested when the rest of the car is running, and running properly. They display different problems at different temperatures and driving styles. And their diagnostic systems are not as specific as that of engines.

The symptom your car is displaying is running out of 2nd and into neutral for a short period of time and then upshift into 3rd gear. This could be a slipping clutch pack (disks), sticking solenoid, clogged valve body passage ways, even clogged oil filter. Because you said it happens at full throttle and not at part throttle, I can relate it to an oil pressure issue, such as pressure loss in the transmission oil pump due to a leak that's giving up at high pressure,that pressure loss could cause a clutch pack to slip. You might change the pack first to no result, when it was the pump. See where I'm going? No body can simply telll you, "hey theres your problem!" when it comes to autos.

Take it to Das as Ehssan suggested, they'll check it out and give you a result.
        Good luck!
        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by FlipE38 View Post
          Thank you Ehssan for the swift response, Just out of curiosity how much does Das charge for an inspection of that sort?
          Ayham is a great guy , money is not everything in his life priorities ,

give him a call , he can give you the right figures ..

his number is every thread these days ,, 050 652 77 22 , he will back to business on Sunday as he is in Jordan till Saturday ..

Good luck

Comment

You can also visit Shak at X Service.

His number is 050 2944 506.
            sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Flip, pass by this week for a looksee...

Comment

Ehssan, thanks for the recommendation and nice words buddy..

Comment

Cheers for all the support guys! Went to see shak today! Gave me worst news haha but none the less problem solved! The beast needs a new tranny! SH**!!!!!!
                  97 E38 740iL
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X