Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSC

hi people,

Do u use the DSC in the 3 series and for what purpose ?

:yuhoo:

DSC or Dynamic Stability Control will stop your wheels from spinning or let the car go out of control, like drifting. You can switch it off when you go for a drift session because there on track you dont want the car to be controlled, hence learn to control yourself, whereas on streets its advisable to keep it on, God forbid for situations you never think the car would go out of control, specially when it rains..

Comment

woah you are too quick in replying !!!:thanks2:. but i dont ever keep it on in fact i have hardly used it so you recommend keeping it on when i am inside the city??

Comment

Wait..

Right now your DSC is engaged and ON automatically, dont get confused and remember this, when there's no light on the dashboard then your DSC is ON..

When you go on a track or want to OFF the DSC or lets say your DSC is not working, then the triangle light will be displayed on your dashboard, which is a warning that your DSC is OFF..

See the pic below as an example to DSC OFF:

Comment

ok got it ..... thanks for the info..

Comment

are u talking about ur 323 if yes , then do it the way u like nothing is going to change

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
              Wait..

Right now your DSC is engaged and ON automatically, dont get confused and remember this, when there's no light on the dashboard then your DSC is ON..

When you go on a track or want to OFF the DSC or lets say your DSC is not working, then the triangle light will be displayed on your dashboard, which is a warning that your DSC is OFF..

See the pic below as an example to DSC OFF:

Ali hope the pic is not from your car ! cuz there is a DOT on if you no what I mean!

Comment

Hold your traction button down for over 5 seconds and wait till it goes completely off. There are 2 settings btw.

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
                  Ali hope the pic is not from your car ! cuz there is a DOT on if you no what I mean!
                  No no it's not his car. Someone's miles been tampered with!

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                    No no it's not his car. Someone's miles been tampered with!
                    +1 thats a US specs car, mine is GCC..

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      Hold your traction button down for over 5 seconds and wait till it goes completely off. There are 2 settings btw.
                      whats the 2nd option ?
                      sigpic
                      • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
                      and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by deepocean2009 View Post
                        whats the 2nd option ?
                        The 2nd option is the DTC the Dynamic Traction Control. It is used to drive over ice and sand. Helps if you dont have an LSD.

Just push the button and it will activate the DTC and give you a message that the DSC will not be fully functional.

Basically allows, limited wheel spin.
                        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

aha talking about sand i have been stuck in sand 2 times but once there was a helpful landcruiser and 2nd time a helpful jeep wrangler to pull me out .

:wiggle:

Comment

:lol:

You need to get yourself a LC!
                            sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by sidray82 View Post
                              aha talking about sand i have been stuck in sand 2 times but once there was a helpful landcruiser and 2nd time a helpful jeep wrangler to pull me out .

:wiggle:
                              What the hell were you doing on sand in a 3-Series!?
                              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Working...
                              X