Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E46 M3 Delay to Start

Good morning Guys..
    I noticed Recently, that my Exhaust Sound became louder, with a small miss-firing specially when the car is cold..the car is running perfectly, yet if it is in steady state you can hear small BOB-BOB sound coming from the Exhaust..

I took the car to SHAKEEL CLINIC (X-Service), and he said the below:

1- It is Either from the Injectors
    2- Or is is from the Oxygen Sensors as i have removed the Catalic Converter long time before, so maybe the Sensors now are Faulty.

So we started by step 1, cleaning the Injectors, Shak removed and Cleaned in BOSCH , and we noticed that one was faulty, so we replaced..
    We started the car again, Un-fortunetly the sound (BOB-BOB) still there, So Shak confirmed that we need to repalced the OXYGEN sensors..However a new problem appeared in the car wasnt there, if you leave the car for 1 hour and start again, you need to try 3-4 times before it will start..and when it does it will start with shaking and hesitating..

Note that before doing the injector Job, car was staring from first crack, and never shaked..

i Dropped the car again yesterday evening in SHAK CLINIC, hope i will take it today to enjoy it in the long weekend..

what do you think guys, what happened ???
    sigpic

You need to conduct a fuel pressure test...It sounds like a dying/dead pump. We fixed one 2 days ago, same syndromes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
      You need to conduct a fuel pressure test...It sounds like a dying/dead pump. We fixed one 2 days ago, same syndromes.
      Impossible Ayham, Pump replaced 1 year before only as Service..
      I am Waiting Dr. Shak to provide me the results..
      sigpic

Comment

Looks like the car is misfiring.

It might be th O2 sensors or te MAF sensors.
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

How do you drive your car and what is your service interval.

Maybe the engine has carbon deposits.
          sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

what is the term used when you get a read out of the injector fuel cleaning?

what's your spark plugs condition to start with? what about your fuel filter? a rule of thumb on s54b32 engines is when you replace one injector you'll MUST change all 6 in one go.

oxygen sensors will not cause a s54 to missfire, replace all 6 injectors and you will be fine. if you have a leak or a cheap O2 sensor then that might be the case but i doubt.

Comment

Fuel pump or regulator

Comment

Working...
              X