Manual transmission M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual transmission M3

Okay so everyone knows a manual will be more difficult to sell in the middle east, but the question is just how much more difficult?

I'm looking at M3s and it really is specific market. There's currently an ad for a 2008 M3 with 25km on the clock and they're asking for AED 210k.

a) I think the price is a little ambitious for a manual in this region

b) If I bought it how difficult would it be to sell?

c) Hell but it would be fun to drive shift in that baby

Hmmmmm thoughts??

I would personally get the manual... I prefer 3 pedals! :)

Just to keep you in the loop, it doesn't matter whether the M3 is a manual or DCT... a person buying this car will definitely need to be an enthusiast, no average Joe will buy an M3... and I believe, and will be corrected if I'm wrong by the boyz, a large amount of the people wanting this car would like a manual...

plus less problems relating to manuals... when DCT goes wrong, prepare your wallet for a GOOD beating!!

I'll leave it to the experts here :) just my 0.5cents
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

In an M series manual makes no difference in price! As mentioned above, it is a certain individual seeking such "ultimate driving machine" and for me as well, 3 pedals all day long!

Comment

Never herd of any problems with the DCT.
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

dct

i wud definetly go for a manual and i agree wirh ahmad khalil , the M cars are truly felt only manual,but thats off the topic, the issue is why would you think of selling the car so fast, you cant relly measure the depreciation of the vehicle in this reagion, if its clean, i think it will always find a good home, there are plenty of enthusiasts around ;)
          sigpic
          2002 1975 white
          E9 3.0 1975 green
          E12 528 1980 white
          E21 315 1982 red first owner
          E21 320 1979 yellow
          E23 745i 1982 red
          E23 733i 1979 white
          E24 635csi 1989 blue
          E34 M5 3.8 1993 red
          E36 M3 Cabrio 1995 dakkar yellow
          E46 M3 Cabrio 2003 silver

All current rides, yet few missing, more to come :bmwfan:

Comment

Keeping in mind that Ive been driving a manual trans for the past three years, yes its alot of fun and you feel the car is under YOUR control when you want it, plus trust me you'll never get bored of three pedals..

If I were to buy an E46 M3, Id ditch the SMG and get the Manual to avoid the SMG related issues, but if I ever thought of getting an E92 M3, DCT is the way to go.. Manual is fun and everything, but it feels good in the old school BMWs, nothing can match the DCTs in the new cars, the shifting is quicker than a blink of an eye and thats where the fun kicks in every shift you make..

DCT was made to kill the SMG, due to the failed reliability of SMGs, Manual trans is a different world.. Plus, Manual or DCT, its all a matter of personal preference..
            Last edited by SSense; 05-08-2011, 04:32 AM.

Comment

+1
              sigpic
              07' HFP Accord | Current
              HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Thanks everyone, is 210k reasonable for this model?

Comment

I would say no... They go for less than that... in the 170,000 - 190,000 range. That's what I heard... at least in Saudi and Bahrain.
                  '13 F10 ///M5 6MT Alpine White
                  '06 E63 ///M6 SMG Silverstone
                  '95 E36 2JZ Swap Gray - Drift
                  '92 E36 325i Black
                  History:
                  '08 E92 ///M3 6MT Silverstone
                  '06 E60 ///M5 SMG Alpine White
                  '02 E46 ///M3 6MT TiAg
                  '98 E36 ///M3 Estoril Blue

Comment

GCC M3's are depreciated based on the "ridiculous" premium first owners paid to showroom cars (AED285K State side VS AED365K UAE side). Ofcourse I'm comparing two fully loaded E92 M3's here. Therefore, It shouldn't be anywhere above AED180K if I'm to bite.

DCT is great, especially on track. But I don't know, I wouldn't make it my first choice, I still like to blip and rev-match on the daily.

Comment

Working...
                    X