Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help : manual gear box oil

hi all
    i have been working on my e36 lately i have almost exchanged every thing to new from a-z with an engine upgrade :D
    i also exchanged the gear box to getrag 240
    my problem is i want to fit a good oil in it but dont know what to use !!

i went for the market and they are selling universal Japanese sh!t which i dont trust at all and i asked for original and they told me go for the bmw agency for original oil .
    i went today to the agency they asked for the chase number but my car is originally a 318 auto and its now 325 manual so that doesnt help !

then they told me to get the numbers written on it so i did and it is (240.0.0130.91) but they told they could not find any thing on this number !

so i am lost :S
    do you guys know what should i use ? or do you know whats the right number or the oil as gauge like 80 90 ?

please help guys i worked hard for this and started right i want to finish right

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
    E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
    E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
    E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
    E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
    E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
    E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
    E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

bmw mt oil is more than fine. you can find it anywhere, i have been told that DAS has some in stock. Castrol Transmax Z is also fine.

i have a getrag 6 spd on my supra, it uses ATF!!! a lot of supra guys broke their gearbox because of using MTF... Check getrag's web page, or just google it.

so be careful, yours may also be designed for ATF. if this is the case, Royal Purple Syncromax is the best, otherwise Mobil ATF 220 is also. you can find Mobil in ACE and Yellowhat. RP Syncromax is not available in UAE, i am bringing 3lt from Bahrain next week.

Comment

There's usually a sticker on the transmission that says "ATF" or "MTF". I guess in your case it's missing. I assume the transmission had no previous oil to check the color.

Comment

Working...
      X