Its just such a pleasure to drive a well maintained M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its just such a pleasure to drive a well maintained M3

Now I am usually not one for doing this on an open Forum (I am also not being paid by anybody to say this) and I am sorry if I embarrass anybody by this post, but I have to say, with 100% certainty that my E36 M3 is one of the best cars I have owned to date. I mean this from not just a drive-ability/maintenance point of you, but also the support available here in the UAE (thanks to all associated with this forum).

It is, ashamedly, my very first BMW. Having owned a number of cars over the +25 odd years of driving, nothing has given me more pleasure and enjoyment than owning & driving this car.

This "pleasure" is mainly down to the support, advice and guidance provided by Ayham & his team at DAS Autoworks (as I said, I am not being paid by anybody to say this), who have guided me on what are the right parts to get to make the car reliable and fun to drive.

This month, my car is 15 years old (being manufactured in Feb 1997) but she still drives and feels like a car a hell of a lot younger.

Again, sorry if this embarrasses anybody, it was not meant to.

Guess I would just like to thank BMW for manufacturing an awesome car, for Das Autoworks keeping her in tip top shape, and for the support of everyone on this here forum!

Here endith the sermon! hahahaha
    1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
    2012 Camaro SS
    2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
    2008 Mercedes SLK 350

:) a great testimonial straight from the heart of a person touched by the BMW magic ...

as they say, once you drive a BMW, you'll never want to drive any other car...
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
      :) a great testimonial straight from the heart of a person touched by the BMW magic ...

Until I buy a Porka or a Fezza! hahahahaha

I think its just a testament to the way the cars were built all them years ago, compared to what is built today with the "newer" cars constantly breaking down and generally "mis-behaving". A lot of this is down to planned and preventative maintenance.
      1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
      2012 Camaro SS
      2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

:wow: Im touched !! Now dats what we call Loeewwwve :P

Is is the Black E36 with the sports bucket seats?
        sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
        Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
        Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
        Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
        Black 1986 E28 535i
        Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
        Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
        Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli7 View Post
          :wow: Im touched !! Now dats what we call Loeewwwve :P

Is is the Black E36 with the sports bucket seats?
          Yup, that's mine
          2012 Camaro SS
          2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Vote up on the more than perfect condition - Well done yorky, das and Old BMW :)

W happy birthday Yorky's M3 :bday:
            sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
            Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
            Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
            Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
            Black 1986 E28 535i
            Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
            Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
            Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post

not True :P :neener:, I drove 1M, M5, M3 and Z4M, NOTE that they are all M badged and I am still driving my beloved S2000 :rofl: :runaway:

Being Serious now, Yorky your car is the best E36 I have ever seen :1stcup: ( i am not paid to say this as well :rofl:) but it is really a neat example of an E36 M3, well done to you as an owner and to DAS as a workshop
              I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli7 View Post
                Vote up on the more than perfect condition - Well done yorky, das and Old BMW :)

W happy birthday Yorky's M3 :bday:
                Thanks but she is nowhere near perfect.

I still have things to do to her - door cards are one of the things I will do next.
                2012 Camaro SS
                2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

ya yours is an exceptionally beautiful and very well maintained car...
                  sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mahmoud_bedewi View Post
                    not True :P :neener:, I drove 1M, M5, M3 and Z4M, NOTE that they are all M badged and I am still driving my beloved S2000 :rofl: :runaway:
                    Still going on about the damn S2000... one day... ONE DAY I will have words with u! :starwars:
                    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
                      Still going on about the damn S2000... one day... ONE DAY I will have words with u! :starwars:
                      :sniper:
                      I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

driving any BMW is a pleasure :D
                        I would like to maintain my E36 as well n make it like yours ... feel it like its brand new .. where do u suggest me to go ? a trustful garage where I wont worry about it at all
                        • E46 Coupé‎ "Ra2oosh" - Current
                        • E36 Convertible "Emily" - Sold
                        • E34 Sedan - Engine Blown

Comment

Originally posted by Bisho Avten View Post
                          driving any BMW is a pleasure :D
                          I would like to maintain my E36 as well n make it like yours ... feel it like its brand new .. where do u suggest me to go ? a trustful garage where I wont worry about it at all

to keep an old car on track and well maintained the most important thing you will need is money. Most of the people do not care much and a lot of them do not spend much money on their cars; sometimes they do not have enough money to do that.
                          Like yorky500 pointed out: he cares for his car and does the work which has to be done. That costs money and time.
                          Only a few people can evaluate how much money went into a car if such car caring maniac is selling his baby.
                          I do have a 97 M3 too which I bought here in the UAE. I must admit that this one is one of the best M3 E36 I have ever had. But, in my eyes there are always things to do. I change wear parts and parts which suffer from being in the car for 15 years even they are not broken yet, e.g. I am going to change all gaskets and O-rings of the Vanos..just in case...
                          Standing at the petrol station I often get asked if I am going to sell the car. I get nice offers but I do not want to do it. I will keep on putting money in my baby.....
                          Last edited by Callahan; 05-03-2012, 01:08 PM.
                          E36 M3 3.2 L Conv.

Comment

Originally posted by Callahan View Post
                            to keep an old car on track and well maintained the most important thing you will need is money. Most of the people do not care much and a lot of them do not spend much money on their cars; sometimes they do not have enough money to do that.
                            Like yorky500 pointed out: he cares for his car and does the work which has to be done. That costs money and time.
                            Only a few people can evaluate how much money went into a car if such car caring maniac is selling his baby.
                            I do have a 97 M3 too which I bought here in the UAE. I must admit that this one is one of the best M3 E36 I have ever had. But, in my eyes there are always things to do. I change wear parts and parts which suffer from being in the car for 15 years even they are not broken yet, e.g. I am going to change all gaskest and O-rings of the Vanos..just in case...
                            Standing at the petrol station I often get asked if I am going to sell the car. I get nice offers but I do not want to do it. I will keep on putting money in my baby.....
                            +1 on the above - great post.

Its also about having the right advice too, which helps you keep your car in tip top order.

I know what I have spent on my car since I bought her - do I regret it - HELL NO - will I recover the money - HELL NO - do I care - HELL NO!
                            2012 Camaro SS
                            2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Originally posted by yorky500 View Post
                              +1 on the above - great post.

Its also about having the right advice too, which helps you keep your car in tip top order.

I know what I have spent on my car since I bought her - do I regret it - HELL NO - will I recover the money - HELL NO - do I care - HELL NO!
                              Thanks, Yorky...much appreciated.

Yeah, you need somebody who is honest with you if you do not have a clue about cars. I can do a lot on myself around it, but the lack is a ramp...

If you do not wish to sell it, money does not mind. If so, sometimes you will find an enthusiastic honoring what you have spend - himself well knowing that he would have to spend the same amount to get a nearly perfect one...

So, let us keep the E36 in good shape.......:danceclub:
                              E36 M3 3.2 L Conv.

Comment

Working...
                              X