Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E90 325i Info

Hi Guys,

First post on here and i must say im very glad i found BMW UAE club.

Im interested in purchasing an E90 325i. From my very limited knowledge i know that the 06 has a 2.5ltr and from 07 onwards has the 3.0ltr. Considering most driving here in Dubai is done at 100km/ph and over i think the 3.0ltr will ultimately be more beneficial.

My question for you guys is what sort of problems can i expect with an 07 325i with 100,000 km's on the clock. I understand with any used car you are going to get little things, i just want hopefully avoid the big things. If any of you have experience with E90 325i's with over 100,00km it would be great to hear from you.

Also i know the run flats have to go :)

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie View Post
      Also i know the run flats have to go :)
      Well done, you have passed the first test! hahaha
      1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
      2012 Camaro SS
      2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
      2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Originally posted by yorky500 View Post
        Well done, you have passed the first test! hahaha
        Thanks yorky!

Comment

I could be completely wrong but I think that the 325 engine on that car is pretty bulletproof... never heard of any complaints on the e90 325...
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

It's the same with almost any bmw search my thread about the 80k maintenance saga..

Basically you must replace all the bushings. And you might face some oil leaks. A proper check on the car will help you assess the general condition of the car

Comment

I had one... Get rid of those stupid runflats because they are dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                I had one...
                what, a brilliant Idea - feck that would be a first! You are not as "blonde" as you look hahahahahahahaha
                1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
                2012 Camaro SS
                2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
                2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

It's the same with almost any bmw search my thread about the 80k maintenance saga..

Basically you must replace all the bushings. And you might face some oil leaks. A proper check on the car will help you assess the general condition of the car
                  Thanks Bruno! From what I've seen on here Das Autoworks seems to be the place I should take it to get it checked out before purchase.

Basically any standard maintenance I'm fine with. I just don't want to have to do major things like having the timing belt changed at 80 to 100k like Audi's need. A bullet proof car is what's needed in this climate and it's great no consistent problems have been heard of!
                  Last edited by ozzie; 22-02-2012, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yorky500 View Post
                    what, a brilliant Idea - feck that would be a first! You are not as "blonde" as you look hahahahahahahaha
                    lol i ment i had a e90 325 :P

Originally posted by ozzie View Post
                    Thanks Bruno! From what I've seen on here Das Autoworks seems to be the place I should take it to get it checked out before purchase.

Basically any standard maintenance I'm fine with. I just don't want to have to do major things like having the timing belt changed at 80 to 100k like Audi's need. A bullet proof car is what's needed in this climate and it's great no consistent problems have been heard of!
                    someone correct me if i'm wrong here... thses engines dont require a timing belt replacement.

Comment

someone correct me if i'm wrong here... thses engines dont require a timing belt replacement.
                      Whoops i didn't mean the 325i engines need it. Was using the audi timing belt issue as an example of something i would classify as major maintenance that almost every audi needs at 80k to 100k km's.
                      Last edited by ozzie; 22-02-2012, 11:01 PM.

Comment

The worst problem in N52 B25 is the oil consumption, most of theese engines likes to consump oil (up to 3-4l/10000 km) ...but I think that it's impossible to check oil consumption in a moment of buying the car. This problem was solved on 3.0 liters engines.
                        When I got my 325 e92 I was very afraid of it. But the luck faced me and mine consumption is 1L/10000 km
                        That's why 3.0 liter engine is preferably, or if you know the history of the car or if you are sure that previous owner will tell you truth you can easily buy bimmer with 2.5 engine

Comment

4-cyl E90 are the worst, as long as yours is an I-6 then running costs are relatively cheap. Actually pricing a 60K service/repair job on one as we speak. Nothing beyond brakes, bushings, filters.

Just make sure you always follow up on DME and transmission software updates and it should be smooth.

Comment

Working...
                          X