need advice which exhaust for x5 e53

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need advice which exhaust for x5 e53

hello guys im very new in this forum, this is actually my very first post.
    i own a 2002 4.4i x5 black color.
    my cats converters are starting to die the smell is horrible and the vibration in the morning is so hectic, i've asked a mechanic in sharjah and he told me that the cats are around 6000-dh for both original bmw, and my exhaust pipes are starting to look a little bite outdated if you know what ii mean.

so guys i really need your help on this one.

i would like to know if their is a ship alternative to the original parts and something that wont get me into trouble with the uae police or the rta.
    i dont mind a little bit of sound thought but not to obvious.

thank you guys i am really looking forward for your answers. :worshipbmw:
    take care of your ride and it will take care of you.

Tell your mechanic in Sharjah to fix your car by changing the O2 sensors that are causing the problem. And to read the codes on the car and post them here. 10 years ago I had hartge on my x5 it was the best sounding out there.

Comment

Hi bruno,

thanx for replying, yes actually you were right about the O2 sensor, i've checked the hartge on youtube it's pretty descent.

now for my x5 i just want to know if i can just fit some straight pipe or a x-pipe instead of the silencer, but keep the original muffler.

is it going to hurt the car? what i want is just a bit of sporty sound not to obvious though.

thanx again:tiphat:
      Last edited by animal1162; 04-03-2012, 08:48 PM. Reason: had make a mistake

Comment

Straight pipes = smell.

Don't go cheap with exhausts.

Comment

thanx a lot for the advice ayham,

i checked all over the internet i even called fox skyline exhaust, and gulf exhaust in dubai.

now i've got an idea about what i want and i think i will keep it for later because i dont want to go for something cheap i will be going for a full upgrade. because i dont want to have my engine lights come on because of that.

for the moment ill better take care of my car before it let me down, as i reallize now the previous owner of the car didnt really take good car of it. so what ill do now its puting it back in shape tne gear job is allready done for now as it was totaly destroyed got camshaft rebuild and the transmition changed now i just wana solve my engine issue no matter what.

tell me you are working in DAS right how can i come there and meet you. i dont know what but the car drives but its doesnt feel ok you know and im suspecting a lot of stuff going wrong and i need an expert to tell me what is exactly goign on im ready to fix it but i want it to be fixed for good like this i can start my mod.

thx man.

Comment

Call me on 050-6527722 tomorrow as I'm out of office today. Will see what we can do and lay down a plan for the car.

Comment

guys sorry didnt show up last time cause i've been sent to australia at the last minute. meanwhile today me and my friend decided to do the head gasket that was leacking and found out that the head was warped but the engine block was still ok, so we just went to sharjah and bought a used one from a junkyard 100/ dh so cheap and a brand new gasket for 80 dh and some silicone and thats it. the job was done in almost 3 hours for beginers i think its a good timing.

then we took the car for an oil change at mobile one. i took the oportunity to look under the car and surpisingly there is no oxygen sensore in my exhaust none zero. so i wondered why.

and for the mufflers i will be going for custom made one i saw a thread that an m5 owner have made on this forum about making some einsman copy which are just to straghit pipes. cheaper and easyer and the sound quality is very deep.

but ill wait till next month cause im still living in ajman and the police here is tuff no jokes with exhaust my friend go his jeep inpounded for 30 days. so will be waiting till i shift to dubai.

thx guys for all your advices.

Comment

I hope you didn't put silicone on the headgasket

Comment

Working...
                X