Powertrain Malfunction sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powertrain Malfunction sign

Yesterday, while driving to Mussafah, my powertrain malfunction sign came up. Gear disengaged, gear indicator shows "0", cant accelerate, no power. After 3secs, gear re-engaged and im able to drive normally. The warning sign is lighted until i turned the car off, waited a few minutes, restart and everything is ok.

Wat could be the problem? Would a service sort the problem? Do i need to replace anything, if yes, wats the damage gonna be?

Just needing a heads up.

Please advise.

Thanks all.

Is this an M3? if its the SMG... it could be a host of things such as the salmon relay, needs bleeding, SMG Pump beginning to fail (start saving up), etc. Mine used to happen when I was stuck in traffic for a while and had to keep going from first to second gear and then back... when the temp spiked. eventually got so bored of it happening I just changed the pump as a whole... until I sold it, no issues ever happened again!

I suggest taking it to Das for a checkup..
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Yes, its a 2003 E46 M3. Thanks for the heads up. How much is that stupid SMG pump. Start saving up is scary man... Hope is nothing major. Hope the car needs bleeding, not me bleeding.

DAS, here i come, soon. Is waiting for Ayman to get back to the rear window weather seal (its a dried fish now). And the sunroof is faulty. Ayman, if u r reading this, im still waiting.

Thanks bro.

Comment

Change your SMG relay first

Comment

I hope it's as simple as a relay + bleeding. Sorry buddy work is swamped wasn't able to follow up with you earlier. Rear strip is 130 installed, give or take. Bring the car over, don't wait on it.

Comment

Working...
          X