BMW e39 528i won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW e39 528i won't start

Hello guys! I have a little problem with 528i, and I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out!Ok, we own a 1998 e39 528i and we take good care of the car. Today afternoon, I decided to take the car for a little drive(it has been parked since yesterday). I turned the car on, it stood there with the engine running for about 5 seconds and then it decided to die. Right after that, I tried to turn the car on but it wouldn't work. It sounds like the car is just starting to fireup but it can't go past a certain point, as if there isnt enough fuel being pumped into the engine. The car was running fine since it has been delivered here(for about a week). I'm not sure, but I think the source of the problem might be the 92 octane fuel I refilled with yesterday. The only reason i filled 92 though was because the gas station was out of 95 and 98, so I had no choice because I was running low. Does anyone have any idea what might be the source of this problem? Thanks in advance!

P.S: The car is Gulf Spec, and its now in Tajikistan. Climate here is much much colder than Dubai, and it was 0c when I tried to switch the car on.
    sigpic
    BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

sounds like fuel pump , maybe others have different opinion or Ayham is more into those daily basis issues ..

Comment

its dirt in your fuel system... you'll have to go by the fuel related components one by one. start with fuel filter and see how dirty it is.

on another note, how full was your tank when this happened?

Comment

Yup sounds like a fuel filter/pump which is gone... Try to hear your pump to see if its screaming(ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ) .... Good luck :)

Btw, due to previous similar experience, I have to say - Do you snow rats over there? they might have spent their night chewing on the wires so heads up on that also.
        sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
        Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
        Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
        Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
        Black 1986 E28 535i
        Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
        Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
        Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

Thanks a lot for the Feedback everybody, the problem is solved :). The cause of the problem was that the fuel ranout. It seems that the fueltank sensor is messingup and its stuck on 15l, so I thought there was fuel in the system the whole time.
          sigpic

Comment

lol we wont tell anyone

Comment

Yeah pretty embarassing! Messed up fuelgage was the last thing I expected!
              sigpic

Comment

yeah , it's common issue with E39 Suel tank sensors ,,, I don't remember how many times I replaced it in my M5 within 2.5 years ..

Cool man ,, thank god it is small problem ..

Comment

Working...
                X