Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police will confiscate modified vehicles....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police will confiscate modified vehicles....

Police will confiscate modified vehicles

From June 10, authorities will also impose fines on motorists who have unauthorised additions in cars, motorbikes
    Staff Report
    Published: April 8, 2012Gulf News

Modified car GN Archive
    According to the new rule, automobile workshops and other facilities will be closed down if they are found to be responsible for modifying exhaust systems or providing any other facility that allows any vehicle's engine to be louder than usual.

Abu Dhabi: Motorists who have modified their vehicles, such as by increasing the sound of their exhaust pipes, are being urged to remove such additions as part of a new awareness campaign.

Organised by the Directorate of Traffic and Patrols, General Command of Abu Dhabi Police, the initiative will be launched on June 10.

"This campaign will target motorists who illegally modify their cars or motorcycles in order to increase their speed or other elements within their vehicles because such changes, especially if done incorrectly, may lead to accidents and injuries for both the drivers and surrounding motorists," Brig Hussain Ahmad Al Harthi, director of Traffic and Patrols department, Abu Dhabi Police, said.

According to Al Harthi, those caught with unauthorised additions or other modifications that may cause harm to themselves or others will be given a Dh900 fine, while motorists who have modified their exhausts will be fined Dh500, and those who have modified their engine without the correct licence will be issued a Dh400 fine. Additionally, all violators will have their vehicles impounded for a month.

"Along with accidents, such modifications also cause noise pollution," he said. "Another concern is that if there is any faulty electrical wiring as a result of these changes, it may cause a car to catch fire or increase the risk of it doing so if the vehicle crashes and the fuel tank leaks."

Rule enforced in Sharjah
    Related Links

Sharjah Police confiscate 120 modified vehicles
    Sharjah gets tough on noisy vehicles

Earlier, Sharjah had enforced the rule to confiscate noisy vehicles last month and the police have already impounded more than 100 vehicles found violating the rule.

The new rule was issued by His Highness Dr Shaikh Sultan Bin Mohammad Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, who instructed Sharjah Police to permanently confiscate vehicles and motorbikes with modified exhaust systems.

According to the new rule, automobile workshops and other facilities will be closed down if they are found to be responsible for modifying exhaust systems or providing any other facility that allows any vehicle's engine to be louder than usual.

It's funny when these workshops trade licenses state very clearly that they CAN modify cars!

Comment

Thanks for sharing, so that campaign is for Abu Dhabi and sharjah only or the whole UAE?
      - E82, 1M - Current
      • Akrapovic Exhaust • BMW Performance Seats • BMW Performance Steering Wheel
      - E30, 316 Touring - Current
      • BBS Rims • Eibach Lowering Springs • Some Engine Modifications
      - Nissan Xterra - Off Road - Current
      E36, 318 Touring Sold
      E36, M3 Evo Sold

Facebook Instagram SnapChat

Click HERE to get your BMW ///M Bracelets from BMW Club UAE

Comment

My God, is it not enough that you guys have all those cameras, now this! I dont know how any of you enjoy their fast cars in abu dhabi!?

I mean i am all about safety and following road rules etc, but this is too much! Why not stick to usual measures, if the car is screaming loud, then yeah stop that car and give a ticket.
        sigpic
        Audi R8 - White / Blk
        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

FYI: The rule to confiscate noisy vehicles last month and the police have already impounded more than 100 vehicles found violating the rule.... are they for real !!!???

While motorists who have modified their exhausts will be fined Dh500, and those who have modified their engine without the correct licence will be issued a Dh400 fine in additionally.

*All violators will have their vehicles impounded for a month.

Question then, Is do we wait or do we change back to STD exhausts... the fine is no "bigy" happy to support local RTA .... BUT have a
          car impounded for a MONTH that is a problem!! the inpound is a "hell hole"

Comment

the 1 month impound can be paid off 100 dirhams per day. so a 1 month impound is equivalent to 3100 dirhams + 500 dirhams

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
              the 1 month impound can be paid off 100 dirhams per day. so a 1 month impound is equivalent to 3100 dirhams + 500 dirhams
              Still bro thats not a solution, a 1000 USD fine is no joke to anyone. its too risky i would advise anyone to remove their sports mufflers and keep them on the side untill the authorities have a change of heart about this, unless you just want to drive inside Dubai....... bye bye kalba, bye bye hafeet :P
              Current:
              E86 Z4M, Caroline

Comment

Or, and this is the bright side to all this, revert back to stock exhausts and install carbon airboxes :D That's a noise I'd love to have and no traffic department in the world would object to!

Comment

Or go back to my suggestion of installing electronic exhaust valves :rofl:

OK peeps looks like you should remove your exhausts:D I will exhange your modified exhausts with the OEM :evil: Muwahahhaha

:joking:
                  sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
                  Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
                  Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
                  Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
                  Black 1986 E28 535i
                  Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
                  Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
                  Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

Im converting back to OEM exhaust and getting this:

http://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac-...z3m-p2437.aspx

Full with cold air snorkel, hose adapter and alpha tune software....

offcourse that is after i get my sports clutch and light weight flywheel... :D
                    Current:
                    E86 Z4M, Caroline

Comment

Guys tell me more about this - stock exhausts and install carbon air boxes .... Where and at what price & could this be done on my M5 ?

Comment

Swing by tomorrow :)

Comment

wonder if this would pass as legal down here..

[youtube]gIq7MrUUvKk&feature=related[/youtube]

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                            wonder if this would pass as legal down here..

[youtube]gIq7MrUUvKk&feature=related[/youtube]
                            Ayham is this the effect of the carbon airbox only?? I really dont know the mechanics behind changing the airbox so i gotta ask whats happening there! And where can we get those?
                            sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
                            Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
                            Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
                            Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
                            Black 1986 E28 535i
                            Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
                            Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
                            Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

Yes, thats the box noise. The noise is down to the bigger trumpets and larger air quantity driven into the cylinder. Again, this is in properly engineered airboxes and not just shiny carbon fiber ones....Companies like Evolve Automotive supply such conversions with the fittings required and the necessary tunes.

Comment

Working...
                              X