New tyres!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tyres!?

Hi guys, my e63 is up for its first registration in the next couple of months. Tyres are not up to scratch and need to be changed. I was wondering will I still be able to pass the car if I change from run-flats to a new set of regular tyres!? ie. will the RTA people realise I have no spare tyre? Also any suggestions as to where I couple pick up a new set of rubber?
    Thanks!

Originally posted by kronikhil View Post
    Hi guys, my e63 is up for its first registration in the next couple of months. Tyres are not up to scratch and need to be changed. I was wondering will I still be able to pass the car if I change from run-flats to a new set of regular tyres!? ie. will the RTA people realise I have no spare tyre? Also any suggestions as to where I couple pick up a new set of rubber?
    Thanks!
    As long as the tyres have decent tread on them, it does not matter if they are run-flats or not.

The guys at RTA have never in my experience, ever looked in the trunk of a car.

Also, just get rid of the run-flats. Get some better tyres for your car and save yourself a lot of money.
    1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
    2012 Camaro SS
    2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
    2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

thanks!! any recommendations as to where i could pick up a good set of tyres for a decent price?

Comment

Originally posted by kronikhil View Post
        thanks!! any recommendations as to where i could pick up a good set of tyres for a decent price?
        Pirelli.
        1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
        2012 Camaro SS
        2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
        2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

+1
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Working...
          X