Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpina B5, big problem

Hi all,
    I have alpina B5 2007. The car is broken, the engine was dessembled into pieces inside AbuDhabi motors workshop, and it turned out that engine need to be replaced. I am looking for used B5 2007 engine, but I couldnt find anywhere!!

Anyone knows where can I find used engine, or how can I get one from outside uae?
    Is there any other solution or engine that an fit incase I couldn't find an engine?

Please advice ... It's big problem :cry: :cry:

Damn, that is so hard to hear.. I hope your problem can be solver soon inshallah. Good luck!
    sigpic
    BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

it's very hard to come by... but will ask in sharjah for you

Comment

I will ask a friend if there is anything in Jordan but I highly doubt it. Best of luck
        sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

what is the specific problem with the engine? are you sure you need to replace the whole thing?
          I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

the engine would seem to be the 4.4 BMW Engine, please see the attached it might help, you may be able to source that?

http://www.alpina-archive.com/?page_id=189
            sigpic

2014 - M6 Gran Coupe

Comment

An update on the details.....good luck...

http://www.alpina-archive.com/?page_id=207
              sigpic

2014 - M6 Gran Coupe

Comment

Bloody Alpina engines. There are no Alpinas in the junk yards as of now. Scrap owners don't deal with them. Since the block weakness is a universal Alpina issue, even a used engine will have the same issue.

If the car has a FSH with the dealer, then I know a few cases where Alpina AG actually took the engines back, rebuilt them, and sent them back with upgrades too. As long as the car has a FSH. Contact Alpina Germany directly.

Comment

there is a place stateside that do the replacement B7 engine, which i believe is the same...

http://www.automotix.net/usedengines/information.html
                  sigpic

2014 - M6 Gran Coupe

Comment

Thanks all for replying

M5MARK, from what I read, I understood that b5 and b7 has the same engine.. Is that true?? Cuz I found many b7 engines but 0 b5 engines. If so does it fit without problems And is there any place that can do the job in AbuDhabi or Dubai !!

Ayham, what is FSH, the car has no warranty as far as I know
                    Last edited by ibrahim; 29-05-2012, 02:40 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

FSH = full service history

what is wrong with the engine? Somebody disassembled the engine to let you know that you should buy a new one?
                      E36 M3 3.2 L Conv.

Comment

Callahan, smoke came out of the engine one day, when I took the car to the agency they opened the engine and they said the whole engine need to be replaced

Comment

Originally posted by ibrahim View Post
                          Callahan, smoke came out of the engine one day, when I took the car to the agency they opened the engine and they said the whole engine need to be replaced

Smoke coming out of the exhaust can have different reasons. Easy one would be for example the valve stem seals.
                          I am just wondering about your workshop, this way of working is not professional at all. Opening and disassembeling the engine is the last step that should be done. Before that you can check with various methods and tests what is wrong with it without disassembeling the whole engine. It seems to me that they were watching out for a victim to pay their rent and wages for the month.
                          I would ask them concrete what is wrong with the engine. This would be interesting and probably a rebuild of the worn parts is a way to get your engine back into the car?
                          Last edited by Callahan; 29-05-2012, 04:26 PM.
                          E36 M3 3.2 L Conv.

Comment

I agree with Callhan here, smoke could be many things, i think this has a turbo and supercharger? turbo's blow smoke when there done too.....as for the B7 i believe they are a direct fit block wise, but i think you need to use existing B5 fittings etc, but Ayham or Bruno would be better qualified to give the correct answer on that......have they actually shown what is wrong with the engine? Does the crank still turn or is it seized up?
                            sigpic

2014 - M6 Gran Coupe

Comment

if you go by the Alpina Chart i think they engine is H1 spec for this B5,B6 and B7....but as i say to two boys are you best bet for a full answer...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpina#Petrol_engines
                              sigpic

2014 - M6 Gran Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X